Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
Hi,

I have an audio voice track of people talking that I made with an iPod with voice memo.

And I have a background track of instrumental music that I want to fade in and out with the different voices.

I've NEVER opened garageband before.

I need to lay down, or mix these tracks in like ONE HOUR, like NOW.

I can't seem to record two different tracks at once in Garageband, even though everything looks lined up right.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

EVery time I hit record, I only get one track recording!

HELP ME

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-24 at 5.35.10 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-24 at 5.35.10 AM.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 146

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi,

I have an audio voice track of people talking that I made with an iPod with voice memo.

And I have a background track of instrumental music that I want to fade in and out with the different voices.

I've NEVER opened garageband before.

I need to lay down, or mix these tracks in like ONE HOUR, like NOW.

I can't seem to record two different tracks at once in Garageband, even though everything looks lined up right.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

EVery time I hit record, I only get one track recording!

HELP ME

I may be wrong, but it looks like you already have both tracks recorded and ready. You just need to export or 'share' from the menu bar and create the output file.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I may be wrong, but it looks like you already have both tracks recorded and ready. You just need to export or 'share' from the menu bar and create the output file.

I want to be able to make the volume go up and down on the background music, so you can hear what people are saying... having a steady level isn't what I want on the background music.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I want to be able to make the volume go up and down on the background music, so you can hear what people are saying... having a steady level isn't what I want on the background music.

That little arrow pointing down next to the headphones and lock icon on the track should provide you with the volume control.

Last edited:

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
That little arrow ointing down next to the headphones and lock icon on the track should provide you with the volume control.

I think I figured that out in the last twenty minutes. Thsi is an emergency, so thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.