I've had it with Gizmodo. They are not professional at all.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by lionheartednyhc, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

This is pretty much a rant, so forgive me, but Gizmodo is out of control.

They are so far from being journalists its not even funny. They act like teen-agers.

I had replied to a post they had about them not being able to attend WWDC with "Thanks for ruining the live blog for us."

Jason Chen promptly edited it by removing vowels and such, and making it look like I can't type worth crap.

And then banned me (which is why Im posting this here and not on Giz).

I can't wait to see what Steve Jobs has in store for them.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Gizmodo has really pissed me off in the last year or so with how snarky and unprofessional their "reporting" has been. Engadget still has its problems but I still hold it in higher regard than what I know consider to be nothing but a popular blog run by immature idiots.

3. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Yeah, they have handled everything horribly. This was just a slap in the face, and I almost couldn't believe how puerile it was. Im surprised he didn't call me a poopy face too.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wake up people. Geeks who run blogs are not journalists.

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Stopped going to their site and deleted them from my bookmarks back when the MILKing began.

I can and will live without their slant.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I agree. They are very childish and if you tell them the truth that they caused their own issue, they'll attack you. Sometimes it's just good to look at the mirror and admit your loss

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's their superiority complex and childish remarks that annoys me the most. Some of their stories are so full of snark that its hard to believe a 12 year old isn't giving them insults to use.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ahh but they do have a 12 year old helping them. His name is Jason .:p

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I suspect, when the time comes- SJ will take Gawker out and beat them with a carmel apple stick.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

11. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

"Are you nuts?" (Steve Jobs)

How about that as a professional reply? This is online 'journalism' about the tech industry. Nobody is professional here, or in those corporations.

But then you see Tony Hayward (BP CEO) embarrassing himself on TV, you see Madoff being able to sustain an absolutely huge scam, tricking everybody; and you wonder - is anybody 'upthere' different than most of us?

Besides, you are on a site called 'Macrumors'. How does that qualify as 'journalism'?

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

lol, no truer words have been spoken :D

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Please allow me to correct that egregious oversight. You sir, are a poopy face!:p

14. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

nuh uh. You are a poopy face, poopy face!

15. belvdr macrumors 603

I agree. It's a geek blog, more or less.

By the way, 2+2=4. Thus, truer words have been spoken now. :)

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

:mad:
    Didn't einstein almost prove 2+2 didn't always = 4 ? .

17. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Technically, those aren't words :D

18. jdm111 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Jason Chen is such an idiot...

Attached Files:

19. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Most teenagers I know are actually _more_ mature than Gizmodo.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago for asking why they had posted some questionable material. They refuse to allow criticism at all.

Of course, Apple's official forums are not exactly points of light, either. They'll delete messages critical to Apple in a heartbeat.

Back when the first iPhone's price fell, Apple's moderators deleted literally thousands of anti-Apple posts over several hours, until the sheer amount overwhelmed them and they (and Jobs) gave into public pressure. (Anyone who says consumer pressure doesn't work on Apple, is ignoring history.)

20. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Oh, well I guess Im not the only one. I love how the dude below it accepted it as a proper response.

Christ.

21. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

The difference though is that apple is a business, and has its business interests in mind. You can disagree, but at least there is a clearcut reason.

Giz is trying to pass themselves off as "journalists." Unacceptable behavior from them.

22. old-school macrumors 6502

I agree, Gizmodo have really come out of this whole iPhone thing looking pretty unprofessional. It's not just that though, it's the drunken email exchanges with SJ that they felt the need to post. It's the smarmy letter back to Apple "sorry, I guess you can have this thing back, it was burning a hole in our pockets".

A bit pathetic really. If they want to be treated like professionals they should act like professionals.

I smiled with SJ's quote at D8 the other day, when he said he wanted to keep true journalism alive, and not let the future be dominated with a sea of second rate bloggers.

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And if Apple doesn't like your iPhone/iPad app even though it's been approved before, buh bye. Funny how people here bitching about Gizmodo removing comments for no good reason are probably OK with Apple removing apps from the app store for no good reason.

24. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Yeah I'm glad Gizmodo isn't Invited by Apple though i do say Engadget is better except for there stupid witty remarks in there articles the only thing i hate are the Commentators who are the hugest Anti iPhone/Apple people on the internet.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which apps are you talking about?