I've had it with GoDaddy, moving everything to Dynadot

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by desenso, Aug 5, 2007.

1. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

I've simply had enough of GoDaddy. I transferred all of my domains to them about 18 months ago when they were offering domain privacy for $2. Now that I've renewed about 12 domains for $20 instead of $10 (domain renewal + $10 domains by proxy), I've finally had it. I'm moving all of my domains to Dynadot, which I tried for a couple of months with a few new domains and seems to be really good and SIGNIFICANTLY easier to use.

GoDaddy is, in my opinion, the most OVERLY complicated, counter-intuitive piece of dog crap of a website / control panel. Moving your domains away from their service is no exception.

Just thought I'd rant / solicit any impressions of Dynadot, especially negative ones that should prevent me from moving the dozen or so domains I have left at GoDaddy?

2. kingofkolt macrumors 6502

I have no experience with Dynadot, but out of curiosity, why don't you like GoDaddy? I've been using them for several years now for a number of different websites and I love their hosting service. They have a lot of control panels for every type of administrative task you need to perform, which is really helpful. And their prices are very reasonable. What don't you like about them?

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I can't complain about GoDaddy whatsoever. Been using them for a couple years now and couldn't be happier. At first, some of the menus I did think were a little confusing, but it only took a minute to figure it all out, and the customer service, well at least the one and only time I had called, was great. The reason I called was because I was trying to make my servers linux instead of windows, by the way.

4. desenso thread starter macrumors 6502a

desenso

I basically listed my major gripes, but i'll reiterate:

1. Massive rate hike on private domain contact information, which I consider essential
    2. Horrendously convoluted menu systems for even the most basic of features

Basically, at the end of the day, Dynadot offers the exact same service for half the price, and I think their website is significantly easier to use... THat's just me.

5. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

The customer service recently is annoying me, they point me to help sections that ive already looked at 5 times, and when I tell them this they take another 10 hours to reply back.

6. guifa macrumors 6502

Did you try calling them? Their phone service has always been extremely good.

7. David G. macrumors 6502a

Ha Ha. I'm reading this thread and you know what I see at the bottom of the page? A GoDaddy ad.:p