I've had my iPhone 4 replaced 4 times now.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davmcn, Jun 18, 2012.

1. davmcn macrumors regular

Hi All,

I was just curious to ask if you think there is anything the Apple Store may do, as I've had my iPhone 4 replaced 4 times within a year now, because of various issues.

You think they can actually help me out, and not just give me another buggy replacement phone?

Dave

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

What problems have you had?

Other than replacing the phone, what would you suggest?
    Seems to me that is the ultimate

3. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

1st- iPhone thinks it's charging when it isn't even connected to anything
    2nd- Same as #1
    3rd- iPhone claims it's " over heating " all the time.
    4th- iPhone Mic doesn't work anymore during phone calls. No one can hear me and I have crackling noises.

4. hashholly macrumors 6502

Have they been replacing them with refurbished phones, or a brand new one? If all refurbished I would make sure this time they gave you a brand new one instead.

5. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

I had similar issue with multiple iPhone 4 replacements within the 1st year, after number 4 they gave me a brand new sealed iPhone 4 with a brand new 1 year warranty, but this was only after I complained and asked to speak to the manager. It's called a CRU (no idea what it stands for) but I had to wait 3 days for them to get it delivered to the store.

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Classic 5.5G 30GB, iPod Nano 6G 8GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

6. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

You think it'd be a good idea to talk to a manager about this ? Cause I think it's kind of ridiculous at this point.

----------

They have all been refurbished ones.

7. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Definitely worth speaking to the manager and explaining your situation and explaining the issues you've had with refurbished iPhones, try asking for a CRU and see what they say, nothing to lose :)

8. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I explained my situation and they looked at my phone. They said because they believe it's physical damage (even though I've never dropped it, nor even scratched it).

They took it to the back and claimed that they cleaned it out. Came back, and tried it out. It's not as bad as it was before, but still not good.

Anyhow, I guess I'm just not going to make many calls, or keeping it short and simple. (If whoever is on the other end of the line can actually hear me to start off with)

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions, even though it failed.

9. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

How can they clean out "physical damage"? Sounds like a bad excuse for a genius who just couldn't be bothered with the replacement process, perhaps try another store or go during the weekend when there will probably be different staff working? Its a real shame that there is no consistency between geniuses :rolleyes:

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Classic 5.5G 30GB, iPod Nano 6G 8GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

10. hashholly macrumors 6502

Geniuses are a crapshoot sometimes, I'd agree with trying for another store

11. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

What store is this? If what you are saying is true, the store is crap. If you are exaggerating then we can't help
    you.

12. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

It's awful. I was late for work today, as a result of an accident, and tried to call them, but they couldn't hear me. I'm gonna have to find some way to get this fixed or a bypass till I find the money to buy a different phone.

----------

The guy that I got served me, basically dismissed the issue as soon as I showed it to him, and sent me off on my way.

Manager wasn't much help either. Unsure of what to do at this point now.

13. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Personally if I were you I would call apple care up and explain your situation. There usually a lot easier to deal with. If they raise a ticket and authorise an exchange you can choose a store or send it to them.

14. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have Applecare on my iPhone. They'll ask me for my serial number and as soon as they notice I don't have it, they'll refuse to serve me. You think it's worth a shot?

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

16. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I tried calling and they told me to no surprise that since I didn't have any Apple Care that there was nothing they could do. They insisted that I call my local Apple Store and tell them about the situation

As they suggested, I called the local Apple Store and explained my situation and they without coming back into the store and having them look at it. They wouldn't be able to do anything. I set up another appointment as the lady suggested. Hopefully we figure something out