Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I also bought my wife the Galaxy S5 and damn that phone is sexy; taking screen wise. I am having second thoughts keeping iPhone 6 since I am within the 14 grace return period through AT&T. I am not by any means saying that my iPhone 6 is a slouch, because it isn't; I enjoy the 4.7 in. Screen. Reach ability is very practical and I am enjoying the higher quality aesthetics of apps on the iPhone as opposed to android.

Have any of you ever seen an Android phone that made you second guess your purchase?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I also bought my wife the Galaxy S5 and damn that phone is sexy; taking screen wise. I am having second thoughts keeping iPhone 6 since I am within the 14 grace return period through AT&T. I am not by any means saying that my iPhone 6 is a slouch, because it isn't; I enjoy the 4.7 in. Screen. Reach ability is very practical and I am enjoying the higher quality aesthetics of apps on the iPhone as opposed to android.

Have any of you ever seen an Android phone that made you second guess your purchase?

How does she like touch wiz? You also will get a lot of carrier bloatware on many carrier devices. If you like widgets, etc, then android is probably for you. Android is much better at setting up the phone to your preferences. It's probably more user adaptable than iOS. Have you bought a lot of apps for your iphone or past iPhones? You will have to re purchase them all again for your android device. Both are good devices.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014

I have a galaxy s4 and hated using it the keyboard was so bad

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008
California
Honestly, if iOS was an option on all phones, I would probably consider going with the LG G3 or something like that. My problem is with Android. It's like buying a freakin PC from HP or Dell or something. You get all kinds of crapware and it just looks, aesthetically, like Windows XP or something.

I had to use a Samsung Galaxy Light for a month and at first it was kind of fun trying something different, but I quickly grew to hate it. I used it as a hotspot just to use my 5S while I waited for AT&T to approve an unlock.

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
How does she like touch wiz? You also will get a lot of carrier bloatware on many carrier devices. If you like widgets, etc, then android is probably for you. Android is much better at setting up the phone to your preferences. It's probably more user adaptable than iOS. Have you bought a lot of apps for your iphone or past iPhones? You will have to re purchase them all again for your android device. Both are good devices.

I am not the biggest fan of touch wiz, she loves it; she went from Galaxy s4 to S5. The ecosystem of Google is good for her needs as well; as she doesn't own any apple products. The issues I do see with android mainly are the occasional stutter here and there; even on a high end phone. A lot of times I see it taking one maybe two less steps on android to get something done when compared to iOS.

I haven't really boughten many apps as i have been android user primarily; but what drew me to iOS was the quality of the apps. They just look better on iOS as opposed to android.

My wife used to dog me when I had the 4S about the tiny screen, but now she can't really make fun of my iPhone 6 as it has a comparable sized screen. I tried getting her to get the iPhone 6; she just doesn't see it as a contender compared to her Samsung Galaxy S5; which I semi agree with her.

I am just thinking out loud; just wanted some input from you all as if you al ever had a reason or want to switch to a high end android phone? I still have a week to decide.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Only other phone I considered before getting my 6 was the HTC One m8. Then I stopped myself because it's an android.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

I love the LCD panel in the iPhone 6, I prefer it over OLED, goes much brighter and is better in sunlight (traits of LCD over OLED)

And think about this, you have and can get Googles ecosytem on iOS basically, (quality of apps will deepen even more as Extensions API is used more and developers use all the brand new API's in iOS 8)

I admt the new Android phones were making the 5S/5 look and seen a little old and small but when they announced and showed the new iPhone 6/6 Plus, it is a dramatic improvement and upgrade over past iPhones in every single way. Also the ip6/6 Plus and their design and performance and camera and screens are just fantasic and amazing as a whole in the package , extremely top notch specs (ARMv8/64 Bit processor that is top notch performer on the market right now, extremely good front and back cameras, best LCD screens in a smartphone ever(Thats up to you if you prefer OLED over LCD or vice versa) amazing body design in my opinion, really good battery life)

I love and adore the look of the new screens how they like overlap on the edges and it morphs into the edges for a nice smooth glide off feeling, (I have a Space gray iPhone 6 and I love so much how the black screen like morphs over the edges and consumes the phones front ) i think it looks much better then any phone out right now

Last edited:

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I love the LCD panel in the iPhone 6, I prefer it over OLED, goes much brighter and is better in sunlight (traits of LCD over OLED)

And think about this, you have and can get Googles ecosytem on iOS basically, (quality of apps will deepen even more as Extensions API is used more and developers use all the brand new API's in iOS 8)

I admt the new Android phones were making the 5S/5 look and seen a little old and small but when they announced and showed the new iPhone 6/6 Plus, it is a dramatic improvement and upgrade over past iPhones in every single way. Also the ip6/6 Plus and their design and performance and camera and screens are just fantasic and amazing as a whole in the package , extremely top notch specs (ARMv8/64 Bit processor that is top notch performer on the market right now, extremely good front and back cameras, best LCD screens in a smartphone ever(Thats up to you if you prefer OLED over LCD or vice versa) amazing body design in my opinion, really good battery life)

I love and adore the look of the new screens how they like overlap on the edges and it morphs into the edges for a nice smooth glide off feeling, (I have a Space gray iPhone 6 and I love so much how the black screen like morphs over the edges and consumes the phones front ) i think it looks much better then any phone out right now

I appreciate the input; you are right. The iPhone 6 looks great when compared to most phones. Apps have always looked more professional when compared to android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.