I've install Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro (I didn't use bootcamp (what I mean without bootcamp))

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by julietgray, Nov 8, 2017.

1. julietgray Suspended

julietgray

I've install Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro (I didn't use bootcamp (what I mean without bootcamp)) so I've Mac OS Sierra and Windows 10 Pro on the MacBook Pro. I've tried everything but no luck. I've tried to install adapters and drivers but that didn't help. By the way, I didn't install Windows 10 Pro on an virtual operating system or space. Please I need your assistance.

PS- I'm trying to gain WIFI Networks connection.

2. Modernape macrumors regular

Why didn't you use bootcamp?

Erase the partition, reformat it and reinstall windows using bootcamp, that way all the drivers will be installed from the beginning.

3. julietgray thread starter Suspended

julietgray

Read this message thoroughly!

I've spoken with a very helpful gentleman at the Apple Store (technical department) and he said that I need to download WIFI drivers for Windows 10 Pro (operating on a MacBook Pro) but he didn't know what type of drivers that I need to download. I didn't install Windows 10 Pro on Bootcamp! Can y'all assist me!!!!

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

I agree go back to bootcamp and set your MBP to a single macOS partition then use boot camp to partition and install W10 its much easier this way

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I respectfully disagree with the advice given so far.

Since you already have Windows installed just boot into OS X, launch the Boot Camp Assistant, and download the latest Windows support software from Apple.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.41.16 PM.png
    (FYI, for some reason it usually takes quite a while for the assistant to complete this download.)
    Then you can copy the downloaded software to a thumb drive, reboot into Windows, unzip, and install. All your necessary drivers should be there.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not any more difficult to install Windows on a Mac than it is any standard PC. The Bootcamp assistant just makes it easier to repartition if you don't know what you're doing. Since you've already done the hard part, you just need the drivers.

6. julietgray thread starter Suspended

julietgray

By the way, the tech person at Apple was awesome because he solved my Windows wifi problem.

7. julietgray thread starter Suspended

julietgray