I've jailbroken, noticed a speed decrease + lag

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by linkandzelda, May 27, 2011.

1. linkandzelda macrumors regular

I jailbroke my iPad 1G earlyer and have pretty much installed no apps except for retina pad, full force and folder enhancer and sb settings but yet i'm still noticing slowdowns.

I have multi touch gestures enabled and when i switch between the apps, its unusable it takes almost 3-4 seconds for the app to respond even if its a simple app like iPod.

So is this behaviour normal for the old iPad? Is there perhaps something I have which is slowing it down or do the multitouch gestures just work like that anyway.

Thanks in advance,
    Kris

2. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

uninstall Installous lol

3. linkandzelda, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011

linkandzelda thread starter macrumors regular

I don't use installous or appsync.... My apps are bought.
    EDIT: Reason i dont use appsync is i had some issues with it and gamecenter before. Plus dont like my free apps mixing with paid apps on itunes. I would prefer to get regular updates as well and not to rely on jailbreak for my apps.

4. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I had the same as above, and I finally gave up and restored my ipad 1 to an unjailbroken state.

I still keep my iphone 4 jailbroken and I love it, but like the OP the performance slowdown on my ipad 1 was so noticeable (even with a minimal amount of jb tweaks installed) it just became not worth it anymore.

5. crispy12 macrumors member

I don't have a iPad 1, but on my old iPhone 3G i had a similar experience as well. After upgrading to the iPhone 4 I have had no slowdowns whatsoever.

What did help somewhat was running sbsettings and occasionally force shutting down apps to free up memory.