Are you using a Mac? If not, this is not the right place to ask the question.I only really wanted the ability to create a shortcut to 'Love' tracks on last.fm, so i hid the dock icon, taskbar icon and desktop icon. Now I want to access the preferences panel, but i cant reach it. How can i get to it?
Just a note, that solution will only work if you have either Apple's PropertyListEditor or OmniOutliner installed (which can read those .plist files with checkboxes, etc). If you have to open it with a more generic text editor, you'll instead have to change a 1 to a 0 or the word YES to NO.I had the same problem with Bowtie. It does not have a System Preferences pane, and standard relaunching does not help either. My solution was:
- Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/
- Open com.13bold.Bowtie.plist
- Uncheck the hideDockIcon boolean
- Restart your computer to quit Bowtie
- If Bowtie is not set to Start at Login, launch it
- Select Preferences from the Bowtie menu