I've lost the Applications icon on my desktop??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beachmom, Jul 16, 2011.

1. beachmom macrumors newbie

My son accidentally deleted it. I can click on Finder and find the blue Applications folder. I've tried to drag it onto the desktop then down to the dock but it doesn't work?? A guy at Best Buy said to click on the Finder icon and a list of folders showed up on the left side along with the folders on the right. He just drug the folder down to the dock but I don't get the list of folders on the left side. I'm not sure what to do??

2. beachmom thread starter macrumors newbie

When I open Finder, I don't get the blue portion on the left that shows Devices and "Macintosh HD." I just get the list of on the right and it won't let me drag it down to the dock.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't drag from the left. You only drag from the right, where it shows Applications. Be sure you're dragging to the right side of the Dock, as shown in the instructions I posted.

To restore the items the left sidebar, go to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and check the items you want to show.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

When you have a Finder window open, do you see the red, yellow and green buttons on the left side of the title bar? On the right side of the title bar should be a colorless oval button, click that colorless oval button and the Finder's, top Toolbar and left Sidebar should reappear.