Ive made a mistake snaped key on alu macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Springer23, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Springer23 macrumors newbie

Hi

I was looking after my little sister, she rushed over and lobbed some fairy liquid over the keys of my macbook, the keys quickly stoped working so unpluged the macbook, removed the battery and placed upside down and just because i was craping myself, i removed the keys so it could dry out better, when i removed the 3 key it wa so bent, so i tryed to straighten with pressure and snapped the key,

I'm still not totally sure if the keyboard will be ok, as its still drying out, but it was only a little bit of fluid, but where and how can i go about getting a new key?

Im from the uk too.

Thanks.

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

You could try the ebay, make a friend in the apple store, or nick one off a display at not-the-apple-store...

Tough break on the spirits tossed on the mac. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will function later.

3. Springer23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah on ebay i see these but are they the same for the old macbook to the new macbook?

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

I gotta say, I'd wait it out. See if it works before you worry much about the number three.

5. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

There are a website that sell individual keys, just google it it's easy to find. I think they are based on Europe through.

6. Molopo macrumors regular

7. FlyinPig macrumors newbie

It's the leading brand of washing-up liquid in the UK. =)