I've never loved and hated a smartphone so much

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shizat63, Aug 25, 2008.

1. shizat63 macrumors newbie

There are so many amazing things about the iPhone 3G. The display is gorgeous, the browser is absolutely incredible, Exchange push works great, and the user interface is so easy it's perfect for morons.

But the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.

1. Pathetic touch keyboard pales in comparison to a real qwerty on even the worst smartphone
    2. Touch keyboard can be rotated for URL's, but it can't be rotated for emails? WTF :confused:
    3. The whole lot of 3G/EDGE reception issues is infuriating

I really miss my BB and WM phones.

EDIT- happy now TB? ;)

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Well I don't know how long you've had your iPhone, but for me, it took me a little while to get used to the touch keyboard but once I got used to it, I really like it. The rotating thing is annoying though too but hopefully the 3G reception issues will be fixed soon.

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

the positives outweigh the negatives for me, i'm happy with mine even with the few little things that happen here and there. i have no where near the problems that i read some people do.

4. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

How can someone, typing on a keyboard, spell QWERTY wrong?

I'm confused...

5. Sojourn macrumors member

Yup -- now that I've been getting used to it, I'm absolutely in love with it -- and have been surprised at how fast I've been able to type on it, too. The fact that it is only there when you need it, that it has the custom buttons (.com, for example), and that it has such good error correction, are all awesome -- and the fact that if you push down on the wrong key, you can slide around release on the correct one if you want, which wouldn't work on a physical keyboard. I also find it more comfortable than using physical keyboards, but to be fair, I haven't had much experience with them.

Good luck with your device, and hopefully it will continue to grow on you! :)

Take care,
    Sojourn

EDIT:
    These forums tend to function as support forums, as well, so there will be a higher percentage of complaints here than in the outside world. Complaints also tend to get more attention, and seem to be magnified by the internet, which is why there often seem to be so many more problems than there actually are, at least statistically.

. . . Not that there aren't problems, and plenty of them. There just aren't as many as you would think, if you hang around these boards all day. ;)

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Nice.