I've never needed help removing an app

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lawduck195, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Lawduck195 macrumors newbie

like I do now.

I can't stand this stupid Perian1.2.3. I CANNOT get rid of it!!!!

It is in the background of my finder too, which is as annoying as it gets. I've never seen so something ridiculous.

The icon won't go away from the desktop won't go away either. My google is strong and I can't seem to find an answer on how to effectively remove this annoying junk!!!! ANY help is highly appreciated!

I'm using 10.9.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You have a screen image for the Perian folder as the background for your first folder. Just open that folder, than click the View menu/Show View Options. Click Background choice of White (or a Color that you choose - whatever you like), and the Perian image will be gone. If you also see it on other Finder windows, do the same change, and then click Use as Defaults. You may need to change that setting individually for each window that you open, but it will work for you then. Check in your Users & Groups pref pane, then Login Items. Make sure that the Perian image is NOT listed there. Delete it if you do see it in that list. (don't just uncheck the box)

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

The one on the desktop needs ejecting before you delete it. Right click on it and choose Eject Disc. Then open your Applications folder in finder and drag the program to your waste bin.

Barney

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Perian will likely not be in Applications - it is a pref pane.
    It's probably in the /Library/PreferencePanes folder.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's right. That's why it's more efficient to use the method I posted earlier, which will find files related to apps, no matter where they're located.

7. Lawduck195 thread starter macrumors newbie