I've never used FaceTime... because I have nobody to chat with

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wrldwzrd89, Jan 26, 2012.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I am a proud 4th gen iPod touch owner. My iPod touch has FaceTime support, but I've never actually tried using it - only one other person in my family has a device that supports FaceTime, and he's never available when I am. I'd love to experience FaceTime, just to see what the video quality is like (I hear it's good).

What would you suggest I do?

P.S. If you're going to offer to chat with me via FaceTime, via your Mac or iOS device, PLEASE send me a private message, since I suspect most of you aren't going to share your contact information openly because of spammers.

2. WRP macrumors 6502a

Me either but it's because I think it is stupid. I have never used a video chat on my laptop either. I hate talking to people on the phone regardless I certainly don't want to be looking at them through a camera while I talk to them.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You're feelings are certainly understandable.

I use FT on my MBP because I made a friend through MR and we enjoy seeing each other for a daily chat. (He lives across the pond - so the call is also cheaper, as in free) We also enjoy showing off new Apple purchases, set ups, and the like.

But, again, I can understand not wanting to peering through a camera while talking to someone.:)

I really enjoy FT.:D

4. WRP macrumors 6502a

^Yeah, I can definitely see its uses, but just not for me at this point in my life. Maybe when I have kids or something it would be cool.

Our ski athletes used to use skype video chat but that was because there was no cell reception up in Alaska. :D

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

There was a whole thread on people sharing their FT information here before. maybe search for that and revive it... or maybe it's still going who knows

6. eric/ Guest

eric/

I actually hate and never used to use video chat, but FaceTime makes it feel like I'm calling somebody, not setting up a video chat on PC. Just a lot easier/better to use and I can call them via email or via their phone number. I like it a lot now.