ive noticed my battery has gotten a lot better

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakaiordie, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

as of now i have 5hrs 25minutes of use, and 1 day 2hrs stand by and i havent gotten the 20% warning yet. although probably soon though.

the 5hrs and 25minutes of usage-
    like an 2hrs of pandora
    sent/recieved about 10 emails
    browsed internet for maybe 20minutes
    talked on the phone about an hour and a half
    played/redownloaded some apps- about 20minutes

oh

i have 3g on all the time.
    push for yahoo
    fetch every 30minutes for gmail
    location services off
    wifi off
    brightness is set low enough with auto brightness on but at a comfortable level that i can still see the screen well even outside.

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I could not believe how well my battery life had increased as well. I dont have push on, but I do have location services on and 3G enabled. Last week, I got like 2 1/2 days of standby time out of my battery. That was with using the phone about 20-30 minutes each day. I was shocked how my battery just wouldnt die! LOL I havent tested it since for that long since I keep it plugged in all day at work, but I have noticed that my battery is great!

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I "gained" a lot of battery life when I figured out how the "20% battery left" warning actually works.

On many devices I own, a warning like that means you only have 5-10 minutes of life left. When my laptop gets down to 30% I start saving documents because I know I don't have long.

So I was thinking the iPhone was the same way. But after doing some testing, I've found that I can watch a video on the iPhone for close to 30 minutes (if not more) after getting the "20%" warning on the phone. That's a lot of video and would translate into several hours of phone standby.

So my point is that I was thinking that 20% left meant my phone was almost dead, but that's really not the case at all. It's still good for a lot more phone calls after that point if I need it for that.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.