Ive really screwed up my Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jakesaunders27, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Hi,
    Wanted to try and install windows on my Mac Pro 1,1, I know i can only install 32 bit so did that but now it just goes in the restart loop so i thought i would just take out my windows disc and boot OSX back up, I CANT! i still tries to boot from windows without the disc! Can someone help me this is my daily computer which is an expensive door stop at the moment!

Cheers
    Jake

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

What happens if you hold Option at the boot chime? Can you select OS X from there? If that doesn't work, try resetting PRAM (Cmd-Opt-P-R at the chime, hold until it chimes a second time).

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You may have corrupt both Boot partitions. If you can get into Disk Utility, then a repair could be attempted from there...If not, then you may be faced with a clean installation of OSX... ( erase the HDD )

Hopefully, you have backups?

4. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Will try the pram reset when I get home later, but I can't hold alt I tried that, and yeah I do have backups so if the worst conms to the worst I will do a reinstall, will post my findings later

Cheers guys

5. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I have the same type of Mac Pro but I have Windows 64 bit. What version of Windows are you trying to install?

6. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Right finally back to my Mac drive! Thank god! And 32 Bit Windows 7 i heard you can't do 64 Bit like the whole ML and MV issue?

Cheers

7. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I ran 7 64 bit with no issues, at the moment I am trying out 8.1 64 bit.

8. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Okay, I will try again tomorrow then but with 64 bit, do you have any idea why my mac pro was going in a restarting loop with the windows installer? What could have caused the problem?

Cheers

9. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

The discs that you are using are they touched or untouched isos?

10. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

No idea just a windows 7 retail box with 32 bit & 64 bit discs in. I'm going to leave it now anyway

Cheers