I've Removed Windows Partition, Do I Need To Do Anything Else?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by M0bius1, Jul 17, 2010.

1. M0bius1 macrumors newbie

Hello new user here... anyways,

I installed Windows 7 on my MacbookPro using Bootcamp just to see how the process went. After messing with Windows for a couple of hours, I decided it was time to say goodbye to W7, so I restarted in OSX, went back to the Bootcamp utility and restored my hard drive to its original OSX only state =)

When I restarted I was greeted with a black screen and a message asking to please insert boot disc... So I restarted again holding the option key and selected the OSX disk which was the only choice, this time it loaded OSX and once logged in I went to system preferences and selected the OSX disk, again, as my startup disc. Now it starts up in OSX by default.

SO...

TL;DR My question is; after reformatting with the Bootcamp utility, will there be any evidence of Windows left on the hard drive? I ask this question since it asked for a boot disk the first time after reformatting the hard drive, I wondered if there was still something from windows written to the hard drives boot sector that might be causing this. I checked disk utility and it shows everything like it was but I didn't know if there was a way I could check the boot sector?

Or maybe I'm just worrying over nothing. xD

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

You have removed the boot sector windows seven reformatting the hard drive where the system was installed.
    So you can not worry. You are about to delete Bootcamp utility?
    Good luck!:)