I've run out of things to buy...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RossoA, Nov 18, 2007.

1. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Right, so I have my iMac, Macbook, iPod and iPhone.

When I go to Uni I will be getting a MBP and display for editing etc.

Until then, I think I have run out of stuff to buy from the Apple Store.

Someone recommend something for me? :p

I miss that new apple smell already :rolleyes:

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Leopard, iWork & iLife 08, Office, BT keyboard & rodent.......:p

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Donate some money to poor people in Africa?

If the purpose of this thread is anything else than showing off that you're a spoiled brat/person who makes a lot of money, please elaborate..?:eek:

4. skeen macrumors 6502

Aw come on, be happy for him LOL. I'd suggest an ACD to accompany your iMac - dual display is teh ish.

My next purchase will be the iPhone. :D

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That's what I was thinking. Appears he's around my age and the only major purchase I've been able to afford from Apple is a refurb iPod back in July that I'm still paying off.

Someone's in for a world of hurt by buying all this ****.

6. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

Apple Marketing 101: A prime example of Apple's target group and demographic - The teenager with Mom and Dad's credit card. :rolleyes:

7. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

you can buy me an iphone. I will let you open it up and smell it. lol :p;):D

Seriously, it seems like you have more than enough already. Like Jiddix said donate the money to a charity. Anyone of your choosing.
    Good luck at the university.

8. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I always run outta money long before I run out of things to buy... :(

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Every day I get paid I think "I'm going to go buy what I've been wanting!" and then the next day I get all the bills. Then I'm thinking "****, can I afford to eat?"

10. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

More is better!

you need an Airport Extream Base Sation and iTV for sure.

Neil

11. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

What kind of iPod do you have? If it's anything but a shuffle, get a shuffle. They're a great second iPod. It's great to take to the beach because I don't worry about it getting tossed a little or having sand get into it.

12. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

LOL... sounds about right, doesn't it?

Buy me a new iPod... that should count as donating to charity :D (I'm a poor college student)

13. RossoA thread starter macrumors 6502

RossoA

I hate this. I always get this said to me. Yes, okay, I'm not at Uni yet, so I don't have to worry about paying bills, but I still pay rent, not much, I'll admit, but it's only to help my parents. I'm moving out next year.

I saved. I had a savings account since I was 3 years old. Before I was 15 I didn't spend anything. It had about £3k in which went to an ISA to go towards uni money and I got hold of about £350 of it. That's the only cash I've been handed to go towards an Apple product. Other than that I did overtime, and worked my ass off to make up the cash.

So please, don't assume.

This wasn't a post to brag or whatever, I actually genuinely love shopping in the Apple Store, and want to keep going there until I have to worry about things like bills, rent and debt - When I won't be able to do much but eat Tesco's 8p noodles.

P.S. I also do my part for charity, I baked a variety of cakes and snacks which we sold and donated all the money for Cancer Research UK. I also donated a fair amount on Friday for this years "Children In Need". Please don't harp on at me. I'm getting tired of people assuming I'm a spoiled tw*t because I still live with my parents. What a sin.

14. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

...................easy, cowboy

15. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

YOU WORKED AT 3 :eek:

....sorry stupid post :eek:

16. sinistersai4d macrumors member

sinistersai4d

As ****ed up as the first post sounds... i understand.

I'm seriously thinking about buying my friend a mac just to have an excuse to buy something from the mac store.

Although I don't have an iphone.. but i really like my phone and i need MMS messaging or i would have one by now, i'm sure.

i got a mac shirt the other day it got so bad.. (it's in my profile pic since i'm not worthy of having an avy...)

In fact i think i only joined this forum to help curb my thirst for all things OSX lol.. and we are all just as guiltly.

17. foidulus macrumors 6502a

You could always buy a macbook and I can pm you an address to send it to :p

18. sinistersai4d macrumors member

sinistersai4d

^that gets funnier every time somebody in this thread says it!

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

savings account at 3 huh? so your parents either put money into that or you worked before you went to school.

i just found that funny by you using that to "defend" yourself

20. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Mean people suck. All y'all need to settle down. Sheesh.

21. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I like that idea. Can he afford 2?

22. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Rosso, that is so nice to hear. There is hope for this world yet. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, keep up the good work.
    As for me, I too love to go into the Apple store but the closet one is 3 hours away.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well all obvious little digs aside, why do you need to buy anything more? You have more than one computer so I'm going to guess that neither one is being used for much. You're getting another one, which is logical but it's not like you said you're consolidating. You're a "stuff" whore at best. Spend your money, that's totally cool. Hell, spend your parent's money if need be. Personally, I do not care and I'm not sure why anyone else would.

I would however, seriously start looking into personal finance. I would put some of that money away because no matter how much stuff you have today, none of that will matter in the future when you're bitching about working at 50 because you can't retire. You're never too young to put money into something that will ultimately allow you to earn interest.

My guess is you don't want to know what to do with the cash if the answer leads to away from buying so go buy some headphones or an iTV or whatever. Enjoy your future and please tell me you're not looking to go to uni to pursue a career in business.

24. RossoA thread starter macrumors 6502

RossoA

I use one for college - taking notes in my classes and on location edits, and the other for home use, so yeah, one is basically pages and Final Cut, but the other gets quite a lot of use.

Thanks for the genuine advice,

1. No I'm not! I'm going into Broadcast (Post) Production
    2. As I said, I already have £3,000 put away for the future, yeah it was my parents money but it's money I wont spend unless I need to.

Yeah, I used the example of the fact that I've only been handed £350 by my parents to buy this kind of stuff, so yeah, I reckon I can defend myself with that point.

In all seriousness, I know I am a total "stuff whore" or "fanboy" or whatever, I get a serious good feeling from shopping, and such a rush from getting Apple products, and even opening a new box of theirs.

Take the piss all you want, I know what I'm like, people are sh*t all the time, when I walk outta the Apple Store, I feel happy.

This thread was only meant to be for suggestions etc about something I could get (I didn't mean like a new Mac or whatever) to ease my thirst that was fueled at the iPhone launch.

Thanks, anyway. :)

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you have nice headphones? that would be what i want next

or upgrade your car. thats even more fun, well for me at least