I've Set An iBook Date

Steadmuffin

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2005
That's pretty good. I wish we had tax holidays in Canada.

If it isn't updated by the last day of July or August 1st, I can't seem them updating later.

spellflower

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2005
Right On!

I'm in the same boat. MA is tax free on 8/13 so that's the day I buy my new ibook, update or not. Also, the rep I talked to at 1800MYAPPPLE said that as a student, I could get the free printer AND ipod mini. Combine that with my ed discount and the tax exemption, and getting to put an end to this interminable waiting and actually have some time to play with the damn thing before school starts, and I could care less about the darn ripple effect. I just need a decent machine to get me through the next year. Then I'll graduate, get a good job, and buy a G5 cheap from someone desperate to buy a mactel.

Of course I still hope there's an early August surprise, or barring that, nothing until February!

Mood

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
NY
Can't wait to get out of this shlt hole called New York. I hope that Pataki gets the shaft, rotten bastard.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
Mood said:
Can't wait to get out of this shlt hole called New York. I hope that Pataki gets the shaft, rotten bastard.
Get the hell out. No ones stopping you here.

You dont wana be here, go.

No one cares, dont need to make it public.

polythene pam

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2005
Florida
whoo hooooooo!!!

That's so cool! I was wondering about the tax-free days, I know they usually have them for back -to-school. Thanks so much for your thread, 53399!!!

I will definitely be buying my laptop at the end of July, then! whether it will be a PC or an Apple remains to be seen ( on a Tuesday near you).

What's this printer promo? you get a free printer as well with the purchase of a Mac???

Last edited by a moderator:

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
polythene pam said:
That's so cool! I was wondering about the tax-free days, I know they usually have them for back -to-school. Thanks so much for your thread, 53399!!!

I will definitely be buying my laptop at the end of July, then! whether it will be a PC or an Apple remains to be seen ( on a Tuesday near you).

What's this printer promo? you get a free printer as well with the purchase of a Mac???
It's a promotion that's been going on for a while now. On the Promotions page, you can get a rebate form that will give you up to $100 off a printer from the Apple Store when you buy a Mac. The printers are marked along with their rebate amounts in the printer section.

kikuchiyo

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I forgot about the tax holiday!

Holy bejeezus, thanks 53399! I was going to buy a machine next week, but if I wait a couple of days more, there's the tax holiday. I got a $500 book scholarship at my university's bookstore, so I'm factoring that inm, the student discount, and the Student Union promo, and getting an iBook and upgrading to a 60GB iPod. The tax holiday is a huge help.

The no-tax applies to iPods too, yeah?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That sounds like a sweet deal 53399. No matter what you will have your savings and be able to enjoy your iBook. There is just knowing if or when an update might occur. Best just to purchase when you need or have a great offer like yours.

It is very possible that Massachusetts will have a tax free holiday August 13th. It's still in the legislature.