i've shot the video: how best to share

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slater-k, Oct 19, 2009.

1. slater-k macrumors regular

So i've taken a video that's a couple of minutes long, and i want to email / post it / upload it, but it's too too large. What's the best way to get it down to a small-ish size, and what's the best way to share - i don't really want to do youtube cos then everyone could look at it (don't ask! - no really, it's nothing :eek: but a man's got to have some privacy).

I tried imovie, but there's got to be some easier way to go from iPhoto to a smallish file? Am i the only one? There seems to be no one else asking this question, so i'm probably being really really stupid (and i'm on 10.5 - would the new quicktime in 10.6 sort it out?).

Put me out of my misery:confused:

2. challiman macrumors member

I've posted a similar question last week, can't even find it now, so re-posted this morning and then saw this. I have the very same problem. Online chat support gave me two ways to do it but neither work so far. I'm really frustrated by this. It loads just fine to Face Book, but individuals can't get the video to play.

I have Apple Care and plan to spend a bit of time this morning getting this resolved, but I keep thinking it has to be easier than it seems. After all, easy is a Mac's middle name, right? Hmmmm, not this time.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

When you put a video on YouTube you can choose it to be private - so only users you choose can watch it. I would do that - it's easy and it works.

4. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, i'll give that a go - btw, do you upload directly from the phone itself?

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well, i think you can upload directly if you are on 3.1.2.

I've decided to stay with 3.0.1 for the moment so I just copy the .mov file to my PC and then upload to my iTunes account from there. I think I probably prefer that process anyway - I like the iphone screen but I like my PC's screen a lot more!!!

6. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Hi - thank you, i got it going via the phone! Apologies for the delay: my girlfriend has just given birth!! :D
    Cheers:)

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well I hope that's not what you're posting a video of!! :eek:

(No offence to your girlfriend or you.......)

8. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Ha! Put it this way, i'm glad i didn't have to do it! The craziest thing in the world ... i'm speechless!

Cheers!