I've stuck on this issue for a year (headphone/speaker)- please help me :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by goophi, Jun 20, 2011.

1. goophi macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Hope you're doing well!
    I had a question regarding about my jailbroken iphone 3g and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm currently on FW 4.1 BB 6.15.00 BL 6.02 and was getting problems with battery drainage and headphones jack.

The main problem is with my headphone/speaker issue - during calls i would go from ringer to headphones so that means that myself and the caller would not be able to hear each other until i put my iphone to speaker mode. May be because the iphone is overheating?

I really just want to fix the headphone issue but I think it may be because I am using a jailbroken iphone? When i had received the phone without any software tampering it was fine. So my main question is how do i return everything back to normal? I dont really care for the jailbroken aspect anymore cuz now i dont have a phone thats even functional when half the time i have to use speaker to talk to others on the phone.

I'm very new with jailbreak terminology so forgive me for my lack of knowledge. If you can help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this message and have a good one!

2. Norinion macrumors regular

go ahead and restore your iPhone using the following method:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603129

It should bring your Phone back to how it apple wants it to be: non-jailbroken

If the problem still exist, then it isn't the jailbroke that ruined your phone and it has to do with the actual hardware. Although from what you are describing, I think it is a hardware problem and restoring your iPhone might not fix the problem.

3. goophi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply!

Would restoring this also restore my BB ?? Because 6.15.00 BB is an iPad version and this would show the Apple store that I voided my warranty. Also I am skeptical about revirginizing it since it would probably ask me to put in a correct sim card which I dont have. =S

Which brings me up to this question, would some sorta sim card like Rebel Sim work in this situation?

Thanks for your time!

4. Norinion macrumors regular

Did you unlock your iPhone beforehand? In which case I don't think a restore would work. I am not sure, not a master at this jailbreaking stuff.

But I do know that in order to use any SIM other than the one from AT&T, you would have to have your phone be unlocked, either from apple themselves or by unlocking it illegally (if that is the right term).

Anyone with more experience, please help me out.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware with Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or Pwnagetool (Mac). The firmware will be jailbroken and "hactivated" so there will be no need to activate with correct SIM. All that's left to do after that is install Ultrasn0w. The reason the custom firmware works is because it doesn't try to install a new baseband whereas the stock Apple firmware tries to install 5.15.04 (or something along those lines) over your 6.15.00, which makes the install fail.

Good luck and welcome to Macrumors. :)

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Baseband cannot be rolled back to previous versions. Once you installed the ipad BB, you voided your warranty permanently as that installation is irreversible. In this case, there's nothing you can do to make it so Apple can't tell you jailbroke it--that's the one kind of change they can't miss and you can't fix.

Having said that, please follow awadeee's instructions and restore your phone using a custom firmware. Hopefully, this will clear any issue you have. If not, it probably is a hardware failure and unfortunately there's not much you can do besides replace the phone.

Good luck!

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I had a similar issue with the first generation iPhone and it was a hardware failure with the headphones port in that it often thought the headphones were plugged in when they weren't, took a lot of messing around with plugging and unplugging the headphones to finally get it set right.

I highly doubt the issue is with your jailbreak at all.