I've Suddenly Lost All My Apps & Music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Azzin, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all,

I'm just going through the various motions of setting up my iphone 4 and I've noticed that Navigon is now missing from my list of apps to sync. :confused:

I've checked my receipt and I definately didn't imagine it, I purchased it and the email receipt from "iTunes Store" is dated 30/06/09 and I just logged into my "Purchase History" and it's definately there.

Purchased on 30th June 2009 @ 9.08am and I paid £37.99 for it (charged to my American Express card).

I've used the "Report a Problem" link to tell them about it, so I guess that's all I can do at the moment?

I also did find this link: How to redownload purchased apps from the App Store

Which says:

It goes on to tell you to click "Purchase" on the app and confirm that, after which you will get a "You have already purchased this item. To download it again for free click OK".

What concerns me is that the app on the App Store now for the UK is £19.99 (I paid £37.99 for mine) and I'm worried that by clicking "Buy" I will just purchase it at £19.99.

If it helps, the receipt from last June says:

iTunes now says:

And is now on v 1.5.

I did contact Apple about this on Friday, but I haven't heard back from them.

I'd like to put it on my i4, but what can I do?

Cheers.

[Edit] - If I do click on "Buy" in iTunes, I get this:

[​IMG]

And I'm too scare to go any further! :p

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Go further. It really won't charge you if you're redownloading it.

I know it's a bit scary the first time, but I promise. :)

If you're really worried, delete a £.99 app and try that first; you'll see that it takes you all the way through and then tells you that you already purchased it.

3. tylertech macrumors regular

Yeah, once you press Buy, if you are redownloading it, you'll get a popup saying you've already purchased and the update is free. Then it will let you download.

4. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

5. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

6. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

So far so good-the app is now downloading. :D

However.....

I clicked back on my iPhone in the left pane, went to apps and there are now none there and of course when I tick "Sync Apps" iTunes tells me it will wife what's on there (all my apps) and put on the apps from iTunes (nothing!). :eek:

[​IMG]

As you can see on the right, there are apps on my phone and these have been set up and sync'd by iTunes on this one and only PC. :confused:

Why are there suddenly no apps in my list?

7. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

8. Yoshiro macrumors newbie

9. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

No, if I tick it I get the message asking me if I want to erase the iPod and sync with the apps listed (none).

I used to have a long list of apps and they are on the phone now and they only got there by syncing to this iTunes.

:confused:

10. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Ok.....I've just had a thought!

The other day (just prior to picking up my i4, I sync'd my 3G iPhone and then right clicked it in iTunes and selected "Transfer Purchases".

Could that have anything to do with this?

If it helps, I've just connected the 3G and I get the same issue (no apps showing in iTunes-exce[t Navigon which I got this morning!).

Ta.

11. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

So here's the weirdest part....

I've just restarted my PC and now everything is missing from iTunes. :eek:

No music, no playlists, no iPhone (it is/was connected and charging when I took this screenshot)....

[​IMG]

What the hell is going on?

I'm sure I've been here before and ended up copying something over that duplicated everything and I ended up with 44 gig of music instead of 22! :thumbsdow

I do take backups of the iTunes folder and the iTunes Library:

D:\iTunes & C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes.

HELP.

12. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Ok...I've just disconnected and reconnected my i4 and that's now visible in the left hand window. :)

But still no apps. :(

It's as if iTunes has suddenly "forgotten" what music and apps it had.... :confused:

13. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

I've just disconnected and reconnected my i4 and that's now visible in the left hand window. :)

But still no apps. :(

It's as if iTunes has suddenly "forgotten" what music and apps it had.... :confused:

Shouldn't there be an iTunes "Media" folder somewhere?

iTunes is installed to my D:, but I seem to have two entries:

D>Program Files (x86)>iTunes & D>Program Files>iTunes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No media folder in here either..... :eek:

[​IMG]

In Perferences, it shows D:>iTunes, as the "Media Folder Location", as that's what has all my music in it-have got that totally arse about face? :eek:

[​IMG]

I've been using this PC and this install of iTunes for yonks....

• My new iPhone has been fine since I got it on Thursday and all the apps that are on on came from being sync'd with this iTunes.
    • My iPhone 3G was sync'd just before I left for the Apple store on Thursday and all the apps are still on there fine.
    • my iPad has pretty much the same apps and they have only come from syncing it on this pc with this install of iTunes.

I am totally :confused:

14. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit.