I've thought of a cool add on for FaceTime...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Sep 16, 2010.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Which is an iChat theater type add on.

Having the ability to share photos, and (possibly) video in real time right over FaceTime. If in landscape mode, will also still be able to see the other person which is optional.

I dunno, thought about it when I was eating breakfast this morning. Just thought it would be cool if I shot a video of something, and was able to share it right over FaceTime instead of having to worry to email or upload it on your computer. What do you guys think?

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

That would be a neat idea. Although a video or pic might be intrusive as the notification will surely cover the persons face you are talking to.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'd love it. "Here, look at this photo I took yesterday." And then you're looking at my photos instead of my face. Great idea, I bet it will eventually grow to include stuff like that.

4. adztaylor macrumors 68000

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah, you could show someone a photo or something, and then the image of the other person's face could become small like your image, and then it could become large again once you close whatever media you're showing.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Because it's a great feature, it won't be added.

7. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

More like,

Other major developers implement in their phones. It runs on many phones from between 1-3 years and THEN Steve Jobs comes in and debuts it on the next iPhone. He's so excited in claiming they reinvented the feature by saying "We weren't the first but we'll certainly be the best" or "we think we've nailed it."

8. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

they already do a great job with iChat Theater, I think they know what their doing. It's awesome if you've never used it before, can share pictures, videos, PDFs and whatever else you can think of in real time. I think it's real snazzy & theres no reason they shouldn't implement it with FaceTime....in my honest opinion....

9. SL4VE macrumors 6502

isnt that just like what MSN has done for years

10. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but you can have a FaceTime conversation, hit the Home button and continue talking. The video shows a pause icon in front of it, and of course, you can email or send an SMS/MMS or whatever, then run back into FaceTime and continue the video call.

Sure, it's not as elegant, but at least the option is there.

It would be nice if there's an extra button to send a photo from your gallery, or even throw up a whiteboard and draw on the screen with your finger to illustrate something.