Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elcid!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I've got a dvd stuck in my wretched powerbook g4. I've tried pressing the mouse button, f12, and the eject button during startup. I also did that thing where you type in "eject cd" nothing happened. I'm living in Italy and I tried to take it to this "mac" store and they couldn't do anything either. Damn. Suggestions, please. Please?

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
I've got a dvd stuck in my wretched powerbook g4. I've tried pressing the mouse button, f12, and the eject button during startup. I also did that thing where you type in "eject cd" nothing happened. I'm living in Italy and I tried to take it to this "mac" store and they couldn't do anything either. Damn. Suggestions, please. Please?

Have you tried Disk Utility? I think I've been able to make it eject non-recognized disks for me in the past...

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
you can always try and take out the entire cd drive then remove the cd like afterward, google for instructions.

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
I believe there's an "eject DVD" lever hidden inside the slot-loading drive. It may be scary, but if you stick a paperclip or something in there, you might be able to hit that and eject it. Google this before trying though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.