I've trying External Blu-ray DVD writer

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kirasung14, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kirasung14 macrumors newbie

I tried blu-ray dvd writer with ezq product. I bought internal drive and try to install, but there is no connection for MacPro, so I bring my computer to their place in anaheim, CA. Wow, they even don't know new MacPro inside configuration. And technical support & president trying to another part for installation, but cannot did. Then they gave to me external blu-ray dvd burner with firewire 400 connection. I tried install by myself, but MacPro Pro cannot read their drive. I call their tech support, they say restart MacPro, and turn off ezq externeal blu-ray dvd drive, and after turn on computer, turn on blu-ray drive and then wait for 5~6 second and connect firewire 400. Yes, I can read their drive. They said firewire have a problem right that. But real problem is started. I bought Toaster 10 Pro from Roxio.com. When I use this software with ezq drive, the program freeze many times. I notice whenever eject blu-ray media disk, the program going freeze. Then I have to restart again. So I bought another External Blu-ray Dvd writer from Lacie. The Lacie drive easy to read by MacPro, and never have problem like ezq drive. I've tried a 3 whole day, but the program is never freeze with Lacie. I think ezq has technical problem. I came back to ezq office and I ask to refund. And they treat me with bad banner they told 'we can refund at next week' How come, I paid by credit card. They can refund right away. Real problem is after refund process I singed refund bill. After come back my home, I've shock. They charged again without my authorization.
    I am so upset. They have bad technology and also bad business manner.
    So I decide that I gonna share this information with mac user. Please every mac user be careful their products. And I hope the Apple company make blu-ray dvd writer for many mac video professionals.

2. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

There is no Mac currently that supports BluRay drives I do believe.

Am I correct all?

3. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Freis, Macs do support BD drives. They just cannot playback BD movies. Mac's will natively notice BD drives and can read/write.

4. kirasung14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know a couple of company support

Yes, Apple refuse the license of Blu-ray from Sony. Because of Apple want to sell the movie from iTunes Store. But Roxio company make possible to burn blu-ray dvd. Toaster 10 with plug-in make possible authoring blu-ray movie and data with Lacie Blu-ray burner "D2" and I heard from apple guys that MCE product also working good. But I tested ezq product. The EZQuest Super Drive Blu-ray. The drive cannot connect MacPro with two drive. There is no way to connect between drive and MacPro. They just know when I bring the MacPro. Anyway Toaster frequently freeze because of EZQuest Supter Drive. I did test with lacie, no problem never freeze. So I trying to explain what's their problem. They don't listen and treat badly, even after refund to my credit card and then they money out from my credit card. It's kind of crime. So please be careful guys this company. I'm not involve any other company, I'm an independent film makers. I just inform to mac mania, don't waste time and money like me.

5. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Hi there, I'm a filmmaker too, I use Final Cut and Encore CS4 (mac version) for authoring blu-ray and I've not had any of the trouble you are speaking of. I have the LG BE06 (dual blu-ray and HD-DVD) connected via USB2 and its worked perfectly.

Yes you will have to boot into windows to watch movies though.