I've Visited The Mothership.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iTim314, Jun 23, 2007.

1. iTim314 macrumors 6502

"I've Visited The Mothership."

That, was printed on a very special shirt I bought just today... at the Apple Campus. :)

I'm a very happy Apple Customer. I got the chance, while in California for Vacation, to visit the quiet town of Cupertino and I went to the Company store. :D I spent $233 in merchandise, but it's worth it.

Though I didn't see the need to buy a pen for $34.95. :rolleyes:

So I was just wondering, how many people here have been to the Apple Campus in Cupertino, CA? :apple:

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I have but it was a sunday, so everything was closed.
    you get a picture? I got some standing by the sign.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I have! It's so neat. :) :)
    I got the "mothership" shirt but I can't find it anymore!! Guess I'll have to go to CA and get another one.... :D

4. iTim314 thread starter macrumors 6502

I took a ton of pictures. Unfortunately, I'm to far away from the WiFi Transmitter in our campground, so it might be a few days before I can get any on the net. It's painfully slow here. :(

But I'm loving California so far! And sorry to hear you got there on a Sunday. :( It's an amazing place. I wish they had tours.

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

i went on a sunday with a couple of friends and they were open.

granted, it was the sunday before wwdc and they had special hours, but..

6. Badradio macrumors 6502

I was in San Jose for a conference in March, and headed out to Cupertino on the last day. I got my picture taken at the 1 Infinite Loop sign (much to the amusement of a couple of employees). I bought a couple of souvenirs from the store, but my boss picked up an 80g iPod on impulse. He's now waiting for October to buy a Mac.
    It was a strange experience - the conference was very hectic, but going to Cupertino, it was all so relaxed and laid-back. Very Apple.

7. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Me 2, me 2!!!
    Last month. Took plenty photos in front of the same sign. And I bought pencils and a notebook because I always start programming or design projects on paper first. The saddest part for me was when the cashier asked me if I was an employee and I had to answer no:(

8. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I DID I DID AND GOT THAT SHIRT AND SPENT ALOT OF MONEY WOOT WOOT

I went when I went for Macworld and I got a background tour from a friend woot woot

9. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I really want to visit the HQ store- I had the chance a few years ago but I couldn't convince the people I was traveling with to go along with me.

Oh well... there's always the next time I'm in the SF area...

10. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I'm going sometime this summer. My first time.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

what the **** did you spend $233 on?

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Will be in SF in late July. Won't have a car, so what is the best was to get to the Mothership via mass trans?

13. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Cool, i'm going to San Francisco in December, might pay a visit, but what i'd really like to do is go to café macs, but you have to know an apple employee to get in:(

14. janey macrumors 603

janey

bart/muni etc., take caltrain, then buses.

511.org has a tripplanner if you want to check it out.

15. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

It's gonna be a long trip on CalTrain plus a long bus ride.

Surprisingly even to myself, I have not been to the company store. I've been to Apple HQ a couple of times and my mom used to live right on the opposite side of I-280 for some years, but I haven't done it.

I'm kind of a "no logo" guy, anyway, though my friend who is an Apple employee bought a very nice-looking black windbreaker from the company store a couple of years back. Given their overall attention to design detail, I'm sure the company swag all looks great.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd love to go someday. When I move over to Georgia I'll have to take a good loooong drive over to Cupertino.

*bear in mind I now live slap bang in the middle of England where you can get to any major destination in a few hours* :eek:

17. janey macrumors 603

janey

caltrain from the sf to sunnyvale station is only about an hour. buses would prolly be ~20 minutes. so if you plan 2hrs one way (includes all the walking and waiting time), you should be fine. on weekends it can easily be 3-4 hours one way though :(

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks, did the 511 trip routing from Bush and Powell in SF, and I was given like 2 1/2 hours one way! May decide to check into signing up up for a the FlexCar thing and driving to the Mothership. Anyways given that I will only be in SF from Thursday afternoon through Monday morning, trying to squeeze in a trip to the Apple campus might be hard pressed with all the rest of what I want to do during my visit.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Very cool ChexBoss32890, I myself would like to make a trip to Apple's Campus sometime. :) :apple:

20. janey macrumors 603

janey

flexcar or zipcar will be dramatically faster (maybe 1hrish? one way) if you do want to squeeze it in :) I went to the Mothership with a couple of MR members, one of whom got a zipcar, but I made a trip down to sunnyvale later that week again and just watched a movie on the way to/from on caltrain (only $6 too), it wasn't too horrible if you have the time but it is definitely better to go on a weekday because there are more trains and buses.

you should sign up for the flexcar right now if you want to, otherwise might not be able to get the card in time. or maybe just rent a car for a day, depending on how long you are going to use it.

21. BigPrince macrumors 68020

The drive from Oakland Airport to Apple HQ was about 1 hour 15 min.

22. Silentwave macrumors 68000

It was fun, janey :)

Went with her to the store day before WWDC07
    I spent $399.50 at the Company store:

t-shirt for GF
    t-shirt for apprentice
    golf shirt for the person who paid for my plane ticket
    3 leather apple notebooks (1 for me, 1 for each of two friends)
    Apple logo Space Pen
    Apple watch
    Apple pencil set
    Apple water bottle
    1 apple Polo shirt for me
    Mothership shirt
    at least one other t-shirt for me
    2 keychains

Funnnnnn

23. janey macrumors 603

janey

you're nuts but i still love you :)