iVideo/Powerpoint on PC question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by d.word, May 24, 2007.

1. d.word macrumors newbie

I have video I need to insert into a PC Powerpoint presentation and am having difficulties with the PC being able to show the video. I only have iVideo to make the video. Any suggestions?

2. d.word thread starter macrumors newbie

oops, meant iMovie

iMovie that is and not iVideo.....

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Please be more specific to the problems you are finding on your PC when you try and import the video into your powerpoint.

Also,
    Welcome to Mac Rumors! (MR)
    There is a nifty little edit tool you can use to edit your posts after you have already posted something. Can come in handy. :)
    Look forward to hearing from you.

-Texas

4. d.word thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I inserted the video into Powerpoint on a Mac and when I open it on the PC, I get error message "Quick Time and a H.264 decompressor are needed to see this picture." The PC does have QT 7.1.6.

5. No PC macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and was told by our IT guys that the PC version of powerpoint cannot link properly with quicktime. You have 3 options:
    1. save your video as avi format
    2. open your quicktime movie separately during your presentation
    3. use a Mac to present

It just shows you waht a pain PCs are!!

6. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

From what it sounds like you just need the most updated version of quicktime on your PC. Go to apple.com/quicktime and download the latest version. This should fix up the problem. Otherwise yes, export it using a different format, avi may be best.

If you do indeed have the most updated version and a different format still does not work, then make sure that you can import windows video clips into your presentation. If you can not then its a problem with Powerpoint on windows itself.

7. d.word thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. QT 7.1.6 is the latest version for PC so I will try the other options that both of you suggested.

8. djellison macrumors 68020

This is on my top-5 list of reasons I switched to a Mac...movies in Powerpoint being a complete pain the the ass.

The only formast I had a reasonable ammount of luck with was mpeg's and wmv's

Doug