iVisor by moshi (matte cover for 15" unibody)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fleali88, Feb 17, 2009.

1. fleali88 macrumors regular

2. jbussiere macrumors member

Whoa, I'm not usually a big fan of matte screen covers..seems like they always come out really cheesy. But, one from Moshi, (i'm using the palmguard) must be a superior product, as they seem to do a great job with their products. Hopefully someone checks this out and reviews it.

3. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i'd tread very carefully. Powersupport's antiglare film was praised highly by ilounge (they looked at their 13" model). I tend to trust ilounge's opinion.

however, at apple's online store, people reported it making the text blurry.

If this is happening with the 13" model, imagine what the blurriness is like with the 15" model with its increased resolution. the same text is going to appear even small (sharper, yes, but smaller because of the resolution)

and if the antiglare film (by nature) makes things blurry, then those who read smaller text for extended period of time are screwed.

they claim 92+% transparency. I don't trust their adjectives. They also claim their Clearguard fits "perfectly" when it doesn't, and in fact, their customer support admitted to me that it was designed to fit the previous macbook, not the new unibodies.

4. isaki87 macrumors regular

5. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

I had extreme difficulty with the Powersupport film - I ended up just scrapping it. The protectant sheet it came on was too small and dust got on the film before I applied it - :(

Oh, and it didn't look as good as the naked screen when on.

6. joseph87 macrumors member

joseph87

Still haven't seen this on any online stores including moshi's site. Anyone have any further information on this? "Can be reapplied repeatedly without leaving residue" and "zero air bubble guarantee" sound promising. Not sure where gizmodo got the advertisement.

7. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

I use to have the powersupport anti-glare film and I didn't like it much because of bubble formation and it made my graphics looks blurry by the look of it. It's a very good product if your looking for protection against scratches but for me, I am totaly not a sticker fan... I'm very very bad at installing these things... I never get it has perfect as the advertising picture.

Not for perfectionists.

8. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

9. joseph87 macrumors member

joseph87

E-mailed aevoe about the ivisor, apparently they are not releasing it for the 17".

"Dear Joseph,

Yes, we will be releasing this product in the beginning of April. The iVisor will only be available for the MacBook 13” and MacBook Pro 15”, and not the MacBook Pro 17”. The reason for this is that the iVisor removes the glossy appearance of the screen which comes standard on the 13” and 15” MacBooks. For the 17” MacBook however, the customer has a choice of deciding which type of display they prefer.

The iVisor will cover the entire sheet of glass including the bezel.

Best Regards,

Customer Service"

"For the 17” MacBook however, the customer has a choice of deciding which type of display they prefer."

So because I decided to buy glossy they will not make one for the 17"?

10. James Cole macrumors 6502

Any pics...? also any degradation of the picture???

11. joseph87 macrumors member

joseph87

It's not out yet. But I think Pika posted a picture of the power support film somewhere on the forum. I hope aevoe thinks about making these films for the 17-inch. It seems odd that they won't make them because apple offers an anti-glare option for the 17". The glossy is not a huge problem so I can wait for something else. I am interested in aevoe's though because it claims that it can be re applied and a zero bubble guarantee.

12. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Cant wait I already have the palmguard on and the keyboard cover seems to be working well so far.

13. PDE macrumors 68020