ivy bridge?

harrrram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
about when is ivy bridge predicted to come out?

March?

and won't it take time for them to be used for production of macbooks?

ethics101

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
ivy bridge will have to be in the next MBP refresh or there can't be another refresh.

i4Collin

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Maryland
This has been posted over and over again (once by me :D) I've heard March or April 2012. I'm hoping for a redesign too :D:D:D :apple:

IGotBush

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
This has been posted over and over again (once by me :D) I've heard March or April 2012. I'm hoping for a redesign too :D:D:D :apple:
I just don't see what they could do to redesign it, make it thinner? Thats just an air, and I highly doubt they're going to go with SSDs being baseline because big ssds are expensive. Not everyone wants to carry around an external enclosure and cables, defeating the purpose of a laptop.

Spadoinkles

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Florida
I'd say the chances of a redesign are minimal unless for aesthetics (e.g a new material or finish/colour/other **** like that)
It's fully functional and is already at the limits of portability, power, heat dissipation and all.

The current design is fine. It's still revolutionary I'd say..

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
April is the latest word on the street. However, that's for quad core parts, dual cores will follow later in Q2 (so May-June).

Freddy1765

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
I should think these forums exist for asking for advice when in doubt, or discussing relevant and current products and benchmarks.
Not asking questions that are impossible to answer because no one has the answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.