Ivy skin Quattro 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rt4x4, Oct 23, 2010.

1. rt4x4 macrumors newbie

2. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Anyone tried this case? If so how is the glass? Is it better then using a screen protector?

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I had this case for my 3G. The glass was just like the iPhone glass, very smooth and lots of fingerprints. BUT, it wasn't the best quality, I noticed the glass started chipping. As far as the rest of the case, I loved it, it was my favorite case for a while. The one problem was the coating on the case seemed to start to fade away. It was kinda like a hard plastic case, with a rubbery feeling coating over it. It felt great, but the coating started to peel away.

From what I understand, they came out with a version 2 that was supposed to fix this coating problem. Don't know if it did, or if the glass chipping problem got fixed in version 2 either. If it did, it's an incredible case, I was thinking about buying one as well, no need for a screen protector.

4. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks! My think is i am sick of my SP. Whenever I put it on dust gets stuck on the screen. If this doesn't effect the display quality i might get it.

5. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I liked this case, but I didn't like the way the back panel snapped into place. It wouldn't lock into place very well and sometimes the back panel slipped off when I was pulling the phone out of my pocket. Ivyskin said they are releasing a new version with a better locking mechanism. You can check out a video review of it here if you want to see it close up.

6. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks