IVYSKIN = Great product, TERRIBLE customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scan, Feb 17, 2010.

1. scan macrumors 6502

Hello,

Unfortunately, I just had to deal with Ivyskin's customer support and I just thought I'd share my experience because this is one of the worst (if not worst) customer service experiences I have ever encountered. I'm appalled.

I bought my first Ivyskin case (Quattro T4) last year and was really satisfied with it. So when my girlfriend got her iPhone and wanted a case, of course I recommended Ivyskin.

Late last year, I noticed on their website that they started promoting a 2.0 version of their Quattro T4 case. Late December - early January I asked a question on their site which colours come in the 2.0 version. About a week later they responded:

This is posted on their site for everyone to see that I'm not making anything up or embellishing anything.

A few days later, I order a red case for my girlfriend's phone and another white one for myself. The cases come in and it must be noted the packaging look identical. There are no markings on it to indicate what version the case is. My girlfriend's red case was fine and as advertised. I opened mine and it's the 1.0 version :mad: I write to their customer service and this is what a rep named Seth had to say

I wrote back explaining obviously the package has been opened. How else would I know it's a 1.0 version? There are no markings on the package to indicate that the item is version 1.0 not 2.0. I did not do anything wrong, and in fact, I took the necessary precautions before my purchase to ensure I am getting what I expected.

Seth writes back and basically gives me the finger even though I provided him a screen shot off their own website how I was mislead.

After that I replied how that solution is unfair and not acceptable, Seth ignores me for several days and decides not to write back. I took the initiative and called their support line several days later - which by the way was long distance for me because they don't have a toll free line. I explained to the person what occurred and he said send it back and he'll waive the restocking and shipping fee and note it on my account.

--Fast forward to yesterday--

Seth writes me back and says they received the package and I will be issued a refund minus the restocking fee of 15% and I will not be refunded the shipping cost because of two reasons: 1) the case is not in its original condition "it appears to have been used". Like I said, the white cases stain EASILY and 2) I forgot the little plug thing the plugs the charger input (face palm) but that thing is so tiny I can just ship it back to them using regular mail. I told him the person on the phone knew that the case has been removed from its original package and did not mention that the fees will be waived on those conditions. I told him to issue the refund or ship it back because I am getting fed up dealing with him. Seth replies he'll ship it back as long as I pay for the shipping :mad: How much shipping do I have to pay for their mistake?! I feel they are trying to weasel their way out of selling me something falsely advertised.

Needless to say, this has pissed me off so greatly, I will not be purchasing any more cases from them.

2. tfandan19 macrumors newbie

That is ridiculous! I was going to order from them, the white case actually, but not anymore! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

3. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I was tempted to buy a Quattro T4, but after reading so much here and on other sites about how terrible Ivyskin's customer service is, I decided it would be best to stay away.

With so many other companies who go out of their way to help customers and give replacements like Otterbox, Speck and Switcheasy (All of which I've dealt with myself) Ivyskin has a long way to go.

4. scan thread starter macrumors 6502

Keep in mind, everything I said was not a knee-jerk reaction. I made sure not to let me emotion on this issue to overtake what I wanted to inform the public.

5. Angela503 macrumors newbie

I agree

I ordered a quattro t2 in January. Already the glass fell off and all the plugs are ripping. I contacted them about the warranty and they wrote this...

"Parts are replaceable under warranty up to 90 days from delivery date for an additional $14.95 shipping and handling fee’s per unit an invoice will be send via Google checkout and after the payment complete new replacement case will be ship. "

Unacceptable!

I shoulnt have to pay twice for a crappy case!

6. mezzer macrumors newbie

Battery pack doesn't work either

I'm pretty satisfied with the case myself, bought one for the wife and me, but I also bought a battery pack at the time too, which is where the problems starts. The battery pack clearly has a problem, for some reason suddenly there will be a single blinking light, no matter how much charge it holds. You then can't do anything with the battery pack unless you start to charge it at which point it resets. The whole point of having the battery pack, though, is to be able to use it when there's no place to charge the phone normally! I too am having the runaround from their services, they mailed back saying that the battery pack works fine 'if used properly'. FFS, all you do is attach it to the phone and then charge it with a USB lead, its not rocket science. Anyway, I'll update on here what the progress is, but bottom line we need to get the word out on just how poor a job they do by getting all this stuff into the forums. Maybe they'll work out that they need to clean their act up.

7. mhn1234 macrumors newbie

ivyskin battery

I have had pretty much the same experience with heir customer service - its about the worst of any company i have ever dealt with - i had the problem with the battery pack and the 1 flashing light - they sent me a replacement which had the same problem - they refuse to admit there is a problem with the design although it seems everyone who bought one has had the same problem

i like their case but because of their rotten customer service i wont be buying anything else from them either

8. handygeek macrumors member

Sure wish I'd seen this thread before buying from them. I bought one of their iPhone 4 cases which was listed as shipped 10 days ago. I've emailed them a couple of times and received canned responses that they would look into it and I should expect a response in 12 hours. Ha! Someone there has great expectations of their crew, but not based on reality. I have opened a support ticket as my attempts to reach them by phone have failed miserably.

My plea...

I have emailed support a couple of times over the past few days and have yet to receive an answer other than the canned statement below.

"Ivyskin will look into this, Please email support@ivyskin.com if unable to reach Ivyskin by phone and receive a respond within 12 business hours or less. If received shipping notification then the products has been shipped, Please allow 3-7 business days for delivery, shipping charges will be refunded if the item does not deliver by August 2nd. We apologize for any inconveniences. Thanks, Matt"

It has been 10 days since the shipped date. I would appreciate a solution to this problem. I tried contacting customer service by phone, but kept getting kicked back out to the main message. If I don't receive a reasonable response by next Tuesday, I will be reporting and disputing the charge with American Express.

Jeff Handy

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

You've been IvySCAMMED. Check out the other huge thread.

10. chanerz macrumors 6502a

11. nd4speed macrumors member

This thread and with the other big thread should be stickied into a new consumer watch category. Perhaps it could be named iScam in tribute.:D

12. Roku66 macrumors newbie

13. zbd macrumors newbie

Ivyscammed

Wanted to add another voice to the party. My experience with them has been so bad, I've had to file a complaint with the BBB and still have not received the item or a refund - they actually sent me a very snotty email advising me to contact PayPal for a refund since they can't do anything for me. They are the worst!

Too bad, the products actually look good, but how long will they be around if they don't care about their customers?