IvySkin Reception Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gagugagu, Jul 7, 2010.

1. gagugagu macrumors regular

2. stephensays macrumors member

+1

While I like the aesthetics of the case because of it's thinness (preserves the look of the iP4 very well), I'm concerned about the durability of it because of how thinly constructed the case is.

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

Is it a hard plastic case or it's somewhat flexible like Incase? If it's rigid plastic how can you put on the case without having some kind of slide cutout. I'm quite skeptical of this case especially $15 is quite cheap.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Somebody mentioned on the SE Nude thread that the Reception doesn't protect the top or bottom, unlike the Nude. Also the Nude is a bit thicker, so it would probably do a better job of protecting the phone.

5. Error Type -43 macrumors member

I believe you're referring to my post but after researching, I couldn't find where I got that information from. I was probably confusing it with another case. Checking out the photos, it looks like the Ivyskin may cover all sides (hard to tell given the lack of angle shots) but leaves the ports exposed. I still like the Switcheasy for this reason because covers for the ports are included.

6. gagugagu thread starter macrumors regular

i just read in the questions section in the side that there is a FRONT and BACK glass panel that could be removed.

awesome.

need reviews of this and the nude asap.

7. nyghthybrid macrumors member

EDIT:
    Uh, I'm fairly certain that there is NO front glass panel. The IvySkin Reception Case is all one piece. there is no "back panel" either.
    reviews on the SwitchEasy Nude are already done. search youtube or this forum.

8. falconeight Guest

falconeight

It looks like it would be ok If the phone lived in a dirt dust free museum but it will get dusty dirty and scratch. A waste of money

9. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

That's why they include both front and back protectors.

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Buy it you will see that clear of any material is a bad idea for something that will be put in a pocket on a table etc. Good luck though I hope it works

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have had clear cases before without issue. Most problems are the actual case getting scratched, which I have no problems with. After all I don't view a less than 20 dollar investment a long term one. Anyways When I put my iPhone in a pocket, I make sure it is the only item in that pocket.

12. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Ya that is what I am talking about. I would hate to have a scratched up case much less it be clear.

13. dirkph macrumors member

My real concern of the IvySkin Reception is its lack of a front lip to protect the front side of the phone. Same with the Nude.

I'm really waiting for Agent18's ShockBand which is not only clear, but it provides protection on both the front and back side.

14. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I ordered this and it's suppose to ship out this week but I haven't got an email update yet nor tracking numbers. Hope to get it this week and I'll post a review once I get it. ;)

15. gil716 macrumors newbie

Shockband looks like what I've been waiting for. Thanks for mentioning. Hope the quality is up to snuff.

16. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Shopped?

Does look nice, but it always puts me off when the images are shopped. Check out the sim card tray, and where's the black band on that side??? And of course there is no model information on the back... Makes me feel they are making it look a lot nicer than it actually is in the flesh...

17. dirkph macrumors member

Definitely. I'm really hoping it's actually CLEAR (like the Nude or Reception)... and not "misty" or "clouded" looking.