iVyskin Thin Ultra Clear Bumper/"Reception Case"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BulletToothTony, Jul 7, 2010.

1. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

***Yes it's not a bumper :( it's a case.. i noticed that the next day.. sorry about the misleading title i wish i could edit it****

i gotta admit that it doesn't look half bad..

Most of the times that i see a clear case they usually make the phone cheap but this one (at least in the pics) looks pretty decent..

Has anyone ordered one yet?

i'm waiting for the Scosche because i do like the black trim but this one is in stock and they're giving a $15 store credit for when their new "Smartcase" (battery case) comes out.. making this bumper sort of free if you decide to buy the case when it comes out..

Anyhow just thought i would pass it along

HERE'S the link..

Attached Files:

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Looks sexy! But bc it's polycarbonate, it looks like it will scratch very easy and take away from the beauty in just a few days.

3. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

4. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Ya I was just reading about this..pretty crazy how thin it is. For $15 you get the case + 2 pre-cut screen shields for front and back.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I would want to see this live before I order.

6. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

wow can you guys believe that i just noticed that this is a case and not a bumper.. holy crap i'm getting old..

i would cut that back as soon as it arrived.. too bad i would do the first half flawlessly and then the second half i would lose patience and butcher it... ugh..

7. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

This looks nice and for $15-I decided to give it a shot.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Make sure to do a review and post pics of it :).

9. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

Will do! I really like the way it looks on the site. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

10. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

haven't gotten it yet?

11. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

Wow this looks really impressive and it says it won't scratch. When I get more money I'll definitely look into getting this case.

12. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

If that was a bumper and not a case covering the rear I would would order that in a hot second.

13. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

this is the closest i've found to a clear bumper.. which imo looks better than just a clear bumper..

*i've also heard that the "Belkin Grip Vue (Clear)" sold at best buy it's rather easy to cut out the back side of it.. but i don't think that the bumper is totally clear.. even thou i personally haven't seen it.. only in a video HERE.. hope that helps

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1972

Attached Files:

14. SDNikki macrumors member

what about the agent18 'bumper' type case? i guess its not out yet, so its hard to tell...

15. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I ordered it a few days ago. Still waiting on an email saying it has shipped.

I loved the bumper at first, but it's not doing it for me anymore. I'm too paranoid about dropping my phone. :p

16. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I got an email from Ivyskin saying that they are currently running 2-3 days behind on processing iPhone 4 acessories due to high demand for their cases. They will only begin procesing all orders for Reception Case starting on Tuesday July 20th and we should expect to receive the shipping notification email on or before that date. :mad: They better ship it next week, I'm going on a vacation and I don't wanna carry my iPhone around without a case. :cool:

17. dirkph macrumors member

Agent 18 ShockBand is coming out in late July. That's a clear bumper. If it looks good, that's probably the case I'm going to settle with.

18. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Same. :D
    Polycarbonate pretty much just means plastic-based. I've a nice thin bendy one from powersupport for my 3G. Likewise, I've had crystal cases that crack, shatter, scuff if you wipe them with microfibre.

19. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

haha i've been paranoid as well.. i do think that it will take a drop thou.. i did order a cheap case from EBAY that i will have to switch to if the scosche bumper is indeed puny,

otherwise i'll wait for iBand from tech21 hopefully they have some clear-ish options.. that 3do is some good stuff