IW1 Home Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by andychap, Nov 3, 2011.

1. andychap macrumors newbie

Just purchased an IW1 Home airplay speaker system and I am having problems with my new iPhone 4s and the sound dropping out after a few seconds. I have reset both the iPhone and the IW1 but still having problems. The IW1 works fine when playing from my 27' iMac. Any suggestions ?

2. andiversen macrumors newbie

Fix is comming...

Hey, I got this e-mail from iHome....

Hey,
    We are aware there is an issue with using AirPlay on the iPhone 4S with AirPlay-enabled speakers, including the iHome iW1. Apple engineering is aware of this issue and working on providing a remedy, and we will notify our customers just as soon as the remedy is public. We appreciate your patience in the matter. To avoid problems, please refrain from connecting your iPhone 4S to your iW1.

In the meantime, we can suggest an alternate way to use the iPhone 4S to control your AirPlay experience. Use the Apple Remote app to control your iTunes library on a Mac or PC. In this scenario, your iTunes content will be sent to the iW1 via AirPlay and the Remote app on your iPhone 4S can be used to control iTunes playback remotely. For more information, and to download the Remote app visit: http://itunes.apple.com/app/remote/id284417350?mt=8

Please note that the iW1 should be functioning as expected from all other AirPlay sources, including iOS devices and iTunes on your Mac or PC. In the event that your iW1 falls off the network as a result of streaming from the iPhone 4S, we recommend the following: Please reboot your wifi router, iW1, iPhone and iTunes and refrain from initiating an AirPlay stream from your iPhone 4S to your iW1 until the issue is resolved.

Kind Regards,
    Michelle
    iHome Support

And then they sent this e-mail a week after:
    Hello and Happy Holidays to you.

We understand that you have experienced difficulties using AirPlay on the iPhone 4S with AirPlay-enabled speakers, including the iHome iW1. We know that this has been very frustrating. We are happy to let you know that Apple has resolved the issue. An iOS software update will be released in the near future that addresses this problem. We thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards,
    Michelle
    iHome Support

3. lmds macrumors newbie

don t work with iPhone 4s why iw1 don t change IP

hello
    i have get the same problem, all work with my mac ant iTunes but not with iPhone 4s
    i don't know why we can t give a static IP to IW1 ?
    if somebody get the solution it was great.
    thanks

4. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Yep, andiversen said, it's a know problem with the iPhone 4S. I have the same problem with mine.

Expect a iW1 firmware upgrade in the near future.

-t

5. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

So, 6 months later, and still no firmware upgrade. Meanhwile, I'm on my second unit, and it's broken again.

Stay away from the iW1.

-t