Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanker-X

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Ok. Ok. The damn thing is a fake. How do I know, because an apple rep from the apple store came in the night of the Jaguar release and informed me that four former apple designers came up with the hoax. They built a plastic rendition using a computer and a laser cutter. They then superimposed the newton OS onto the face of the device. The person writing was writing on a the screen, but it was the newton doing all the work. The reason why it looks a little different is they just adjusted the colors and some of the icons to meet a more "OSX" look. Man..that sucks. I know... I know...I should have known, but damn.:mad:

Peace.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Most of us didn't need an Apple rep to tell us it was a fake. Spymac will always be disreputable in my mind because of that incident.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by paulwhannel

as if their logo alone wasn't enough.... :D

pnw

It only adds to the shame, that and the "Red Light" forums they had a while back that dealt with nothing but penile size :rolleyes:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
You can easily tell when whoever submits [E] to SpyMac you know either it's been given a Photoshop job, or someone has too much time on their hands, assuming the grease on their hands is time. :p

Yet some of us still wonder what's up with iPhone.org and/or MacMate. If anyone ever gets to talk with d'man (in some cases, again), ask him about this, and the forums. :p :D

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Let's get to the really important points of all this:

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WASTES SO MUCH TIME DOING THIS?????

I think I need to get a job at Apple is they have so much spare time that they can pull something like that off.

Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen
Let's get to the really important points of all this:

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WASTES SO MUCH TIME DOING THIS?????

I think I need to get a job at Apple is they have so much spare time that they can pull something like that off.
Note this:
Originally posted by Tanker-X
four former apple designers came up with the hoax.
Notice that he said FORMER as in no longer at Apple. IIRC, Steve Jobs hates slackers and fires them if their performance isn't good. Sounds about right for that story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.