Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Since there is no area to post iWatch speculation I decided to post it here.

The earnings call for this quarter and guidance for next quarter is tomorrow at 4:30 pm EST. If the iWatch is going to launched anytime from tomorrow - September 30 wouldn't this be where Tim Cook would announce a new product category to account for extra revenue for next quarter?

If there is no extra revenue in their guidance we can assume the iWatch will launch after September 30.

What do you guys think?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
They won't announce products at an earnings call - especially a new category. He will probably make some generic statement about "exciting new categories" to come in the following months/years/quarters.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I don't think their will be any word on the iWatch until at lest September.

I agree, rumors have been pointing to an October launch. If they have an event in September (maybe the same day as the iPhone 6) they wouldn't have to account for it in next quarters guidance.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
Quarterly earnings conference calls are backwards-looking. They're attended by financial fund managers. Not really the appropriate venue for talking about new stuff, especially for a company as famously reticent as AAPL. Plus, executives need to be very careful what they say about what's going to happen in the future in financial contexts.

So no, don't expect anything of substance tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.