iWatch Concepts?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
None of them. All make sacrifices to functionality. Conceptually the apple watch and other square screened watches are the correct way to go.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Sadly, none of those look good. I'd would still say this if I didn't know what the real Apple watched looked like.

cmChimera

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2010
My favorite was the FuelBand modification. I'm pretty sure Apple went the right direction though.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
None of them. All make sacrifices to functionality. Conceptually the apple watch and other square screened watches are the correct way to go.
Sadly, none of those look good. I'd would still say this if I didn't know what the real Apple watched looked like.
My favorite was the FuelBand modification. I'm pretty sure Apple went the right direction though.
Oh trust me, I 100% agree, I just think it's kind of fun to see what people think its going to look like before its announced.

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2014
Oh trust me, I 100% agree, I just think it's kind of fun to see what people think its going to look like before its announced.
Lol yeah, like those iPhone 5 concepts where the phone was literally just a slate of glass. Or the iPhone 6 ones where the entire phone was screen and weirdly curved so that the middle bulged out. Good times!

The-Aviator

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
People who do concepts are usually 3D artists and they spend most of their time modelling without actually thinking of the possible product...

My concept from two years ago was done just in Photoshop, but I think I nailed few things from the final product:

- the exact colours of the sport straps
- the iPhone-like side button
- the exercise bit
- the sensor placed in a circle on the back
- the pulse glance
- the music playback with wireless headphones
- the watchOS
- the rectangular display and the black bezel around it

...or maybe those were too obvious back then :p

Anyway, check it here:
http://justdesignthings.com/projects/iwatch.html

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I would have liked the first one. The fuel band concept.
I was kinda put off by what the final product was, thought it is too traditional, as I like more forward thinking designs. But it's what we have.