iWatch Forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by urbanracer34, Sep 5, 2014.

1. urbanracer34 macrumors member

I figured that, regardless of name, we should have a section for an iWatch. One is most likely going to be introduced in 4 days.

Sincerely, the undersigned (post here to become one, will not be updating the OP).

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Wouldn't it be more practical to wait until it is actually announced?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, also a gluten free sub-forum. After all, ALL of Apples products are gluten free.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Its something we've considered already and have decided to wait until such a product is announced and then will decide what the best way to categorize the device on the forum will be.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Also, low-fat and all natural.

6. urbanracer34 thread starter macrumors member

Fair enough. Thanks for a response.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

MacRumors has added the Apple Watch forum, for discussions about the Apple Watch and other wearable technology.

8. Scepticalscribe, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Some clever and quite witty replies, here.

In any case, I am posting simply to mention that merely gaining access to, and getting on to the forums tonight seemed to take an age, with endless delays, hanging, and crashing, and decided to mention it here, rather than start a separate thread. Granted, this is something which is not all that surprising, really, given that half the Apple universe is probably online and posting busily.

Now, I'll readily concede that I had entirely forgotten The Night That It Is, and that a new Apple product is being launched - actually, I had not even noticed this fact until I had difficulty gaining access to the site.

At first, I thought it was the fault of my own phone provider, or a strangely slow broadband and wifi connection, but when I was able to access the BBC and other news sites effortlessly - and not MR - I realised that the issue - and problem - lay elsewhere. Some subsequent thoughts later, along with a few headlines announcing What Was Coming Up, prompted a bit of a reassessment, and now I know. Still, just thought I'd mention it.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

MacRumors didn't break the all-time record of 46,157 simultaneous forum users, set in October 2011, but there were over 22,000 forum users online today. So the forums got a workout.

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Fair enough; I'll head out elsewhere, and make a tardy return when things have quietened down in a few hours time…..

Meanwhile, thanks a lot for your response.

It is probably inevitable that such enthusiasm and interest (entirely predictable except to those such as myself who can be quite oblivious to the obvious under their nose because we are focussed on other things) would lead to an exceptionally busy site on such an evening given that the whole point of the site, after all, is to discuss matters related to Apple and its products…..

11. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Did the record not fall because of this (from a couple of years ago):

Or do you think the numbers were accurate?

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I expect that caching again reduced the number.

The priority is on making sure everyone has access, even on high-volume days.