iWatch while running

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jquest68, Aug 15, 2017.

1. jquest68 macrumors member

jquest68

Hey gang,
    I know that you don't need your phone to be linked to maps or stuff like that on the new watch, but I want to ask is that, can I just use my watch to listen to music while I run? I like to run far distance and before I had the Nano with the clip and that was great because I used the Nike sneaker chip on my shoe.
    I have the series one iWatch and was wondering if I should get the new watch to run. Do I still need my phone to listen to music. Can I use Bluetooth head phones, watch and that'll be it?

2. Hedberg macrumors member

Yes you can. You can import playlists using Apple Music to the watch, download them so they are available when the watch is offline (without the phone) and use a bluetooth headset - easy! :)

3. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Just a heads up that you'll get lots of snarky comments calling it an iWatch, rather than Apple Watch...

4. Cryates macrumors 65816

Yes you can. Also in ~month you be able to sync individual arists/albums that you want over to your watch. For now, it’s limited to syncing a single playlist of your choice.

5. jquest68 thread starter macrumors member

jquest68

Thanks, gang, this helps because I really didn't want to carry my phone with me while I ran. I was looking for the right word to call it. I thought it was iWatch but I'll call it by its name "Apple Watch"