Iweather widget help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by solarguy17, Feb 10, 2011.

1. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I dl'd iweather widget from cydia and the widget works fine but I have problem with my background.
    With the widget enabled my back ground disappears and become a black screen. But when I open a folder the background appears so I know it is set.
    I tried moving my theme above the widget and below the widget in winterboard with no change. I even disabled my theme to try with a standard wallpaper to no avail.
    There doesn't seems to be a setting. Any thoughts.

iPhone 4, 4.2.1

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

3. solarguy17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Iweather doesn't have anything simlar in the CSS file. But the fact the 4.2.1 has messed wallpaper might he my problem.

4. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Just had a look myself and your right.

Shame the creator of it doesn't post anymore on Modmyi, could have asked if there is a solution this problem.

5. Blinded macrumors 6502

I ran into the same issue. Name the picture that you want to use as your background Wallpaper.png, drop it into the main iWeather folder and respring. That worked for me.

6. cityhallguy macrumors newbie

Fix for iweather background issue

First off...you will need iFile for this. I'm under the assumption that you do.
    Go to "var/stash/themes/iweather widget/wallpaper.html"
    Tap on "text viewer"
    At the bottom of the first page, you'll see "background"
    Tap on "edit"
    Change "HomeBackground" to "HomeBackgroundThumbnail"
    Tap on "save"
    Tap on "Done"
    Exit and respring

Should be perfect!
    Good Luck!