iWeb 078 Problem - Does anyone know how to solve this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lyckantropen99, May 13, 2010.

1. lyckantropen99 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have a strange problem. I have a few files (pdf) on my secure website that people are supposed to be able to download. And it works fine from my mac, and my iPhone and my MacBook Pro. But as other people, with PC´s try to access these files - the website demands a password - and the password for the entire site does no longer work. I have no idea of how to solve this problem. Can anyone help me out here?

/ Steve

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Are you using MobileMe to host your password-protected web site? The answer to questions like this depends on whether you use MobileMe or not.

3. lyckantropen99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I use a mobieme account

And the website is password-protected. It shouldn´t be as you try and download the pdf right?

How do I solve this?

/ Steve

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Okay, that narrows it down. Did you password-protect the individual files too? If not, how are the users getting to the file? Did you send them a direct link to it, or link them to your site and tell them how to navigate to the file from there? Or, if you're testing it from a PC, which of the above methods are you using?

5. lyckantropen99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Everything works just fine from my iMac...

..and from my Mac Book Pro and from iPhone. The files are not password-protected. They are hyperlinked - I hyperlink a word to the file (Årsredovisning 2009 for instance) in iWeb - then as I publish the site, the files are uploaded to mobileme (as far as I understand it).

The attached picture show what happens on a PC (the graphics refer to that there is a swedish letter in the name of this page - and the person who sent it to me suggested that it might be the swedish letter "å" that make it difficult for PC).

Does this make any sense?

Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it!

/ Steve

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

7. lyckantropen99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Attachment

I try again.

/ S.

Attached Files:

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

9. lyckantropen99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes...

...so am I. Have no idea why this happens.

/ S.