iWeb '08 Allowing Comments On Blog

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by anonmill, Mar 16, 2008.

1. anonmill macrumors member

anonmill

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but I recently added a blog post to my site AND turned on the ability for visitors to post comments to the blog for the entire site. When I hit "Publish" it goes through its normal process and says that it will continue publishing in the back ground. After a little while it errors out with the following message:

"An error occurred while publishing file “/Web/Sites/(MyBlogNameIsHere)/Blog/Entries”. Try publishing again later."

And the console logs the following:

"2008-03-16 19:49:41.328 iWeb[292] FAILED .Mac "setCommentProperties:forResourceAtPath:" httpStatus:200(OK) transactionErrorType:101(kDMInvalidCredentials) errorDomain:DMCommentsErrorDomain errorCode:1000 file:/Web/Sites/(MyBlogNameIsHere)/Blog/Entries
    2008-03-16 19:49:41.564 iWeb[292] Publish error: An error occurred while publishing file “/Web/Sites/(MyBlogNameIsHere)/Blog/Entries”. Try publishing again later. "

The funny thing is the new blog post is published successfully but you still can't add comments to any of the individual blog posts. Is there any "Pros" out there you have any ideas? Are there a way to delete the site and republish fresh without screwing things up with the site or my third party domain name? I have tried renameing the site, but that didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. anonmill thread starter macrumors member

anonmill

THANK YOU!!! Seriously, this macrumors community seems to know all, or at the very least be able to point you in the right direction. I shortened my password and everything published fine.

Thank you NAG