iWeb 08 and Blogging

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jimmieboy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hey everyone. I had a few questions about iWeb 08 combined with .mac, which I plan on purchasing within a few months.

Firstly, how does the blogging part work? Can you create blogs from windows computers or just my mac running iWeb and .mac?

Is it possible to set up you .mac webpage so that users can post comments, kinda like how it works with myspace.

Does anyone feel like posting links of their .mac webpages craeted using iWeb so I can check them out?

Thanks!

2. bburrow macrumors newbie

blogging

Hello. The blogging feature works pretty well. There is a main page, that shows the summaries of your stories, with the 'read more' link to the full page. You click a button to create an entry, edit the resulting page and iWeb will automatically fill in the images and summary on the summary page, and also put an entry on an archive page...

You can have people leave comments, but only if you use .mac for publishing the blog. You can also use comments with Haloscan by hacking the html after publishing to a folder, if you're going to publish to another site other than .mac.

I have the blog used on a site as a product listing, but all the settings are default.. You can check out the main summary page here, http://www.racecages.com/Products/Products.html and then click on any of the read more links to see the page that you would edit.

I'm publishing outside of .mac, so no comments are on this one.

Since it's an actual program that stores your site, rather than a web based application, you can't add to the blog outside of the iWeb program on your mac. You can't add to it from a pc, other than comments..