iWeb 08 and tracking Adsense

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Macboy78, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Macboy78 macrumors newbie

I am using iWeb 08 and adsense and was wondering about a couple of things.
    these questions are assuming that you have already linked your adsense account with iWeb,

1: when you create a new adsense ad in iWeb does that generate a new adsense code every time? If so why does it not show up in my google adsense account?

2: How can you track the performance of each code when I don't see the ads in adsense therefore having no ability to create channels? Would it be better to just generate the ads in adsense and input them in iWeb as html snippets?

Thanks in advance

2. maclord99 macrumors newbie

maclord99

iWeb adsense integration is absolutely buggy

I switched to iWeb 09 a while ago and upgraded to version 3.01 and made a new site and published it at http://v.ozar.net .

The Google ads insist on not appearing on the site no matter what. :eek:

Yes, deleting the Google ad objects on iWeb and creating HTML snippets and then pasting the adsence code is said to make it work properly. I embedded Google Analytics code, too. And guess what, in tracking the visitors and visited pages, I now see the widgets (e.g. widget1.html, widget2.html) instead of my visited pages in the analytics reports. :confused:

In my case I decided to finish all the remaining content adding and editing, and then re-edit the entire site with Dreamweaver or a similar app, with hopes and attempt to embed all the widget and snippet codes into the single html page and delete the widget files, to make my adsense codes work properly and make my site SEO-clean.

And this might be the last time I'd use iWeb for publishing anything on the web. :(