iWeb '08 problem: formatting changes after publishing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

So i'm designing a website, and everything looks great, but when I publish it to a folder and preview the site, weird things appear: some of the pictures are flip-flopped, font and color changes are not what I chose, etc. The published version doesn't look like what i created in iWeb - and I'm not doing anything fancy at all, just pictures and text.

Any idea what's going on? thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What browser are you using to see the site? Are you viewing it on the same machine you created it on? Maybe post a screenshot of an iWeb page and a published folder page side-by-side. :)

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

sure, here are the screenshots. btw i'm designing the website for my college's a cappella group. see how in iWeb the text is orange, but the published version is sometimes black, sometimes brown. and you can also see that some of the pictures are screwed up, in different places, etc.

and it's not like it's rendering some previous formatting of the text - the text was always orange.

thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

oh i'm using safari and it's on the same iMac G5.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Very strange. Was the site originally created using an earlier version of iWeb? If you copy the Domain file for this site into another user account (use Spotlight to find it), and export from that version of iWeb, do you run into the same problems? :)

6. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

oh i did start the site on another version of iWeb, maybe that's causing the problems... i'll try to start clean on iWeb '08, good idea! i'll let you know.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It still shouldn't be having these issues, although that kinda makes sense if the themes were changed slightly... Tell us how the fresh site goes. :)

8. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

all better! i just had to publish the site to a different folder than the one i'd used in the previous version of iWeb. much better.

thanks so much Mad Jew!

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew