iWeb '08 - publishing one site to a folder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

So I'm working on multiple sites on iWeb, but sometimes I want to just publish one of them to a folder (currently, it takes a long time!)

Any ideas?

2. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I find that irritating too (have done since '06 came out) but I don't think you can do anything about it. Can somebody correct me on that?

3. johed macrumors newbie

publishing one site to a folder?

Couldn't you just move your Domain.sites2 to some other location and then open up iweb? i moved mine to my documents folder. now when i want to work on it i just navigate to it, double click and voila. after you have moved that file, iweb will open as it would if you did not have any sites at all. this gives you the chance to start a new site and will also create another Domain.sites2 file. however, please note that you don't want to organize both Domain.sites2 files in the same place. this will cause iweb to seriously wig out and you probably will lose all your work b/c the program will get confused. you should be able to publish each site one a time this way.

hope this helps and isnt too confusing.

4. johed macrumors newbie

publishing one site to a folder?

by the way, if you want to find that file i was talking about, it's located in your user/library/application support/iweb.

5. Kindell macrumors newbie

I updated my website to the new iweb 08 and I can't publish to a folder. Does anyone know how to solve this problem??? I do not use .mac, I use godaddy for hosting. NEVER had a problem until 08.

Apple needs to be sued for what they have done. IT SUCKS. Help please!!!

6. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

why can't you publish to a folder, what's wrong?

7. jonicus macrumors newbie

Can't publish to a single folder

Very, very odd. If I want to Publish a single site it wants to publish the entire library of sites again. I read the reply about moving it from the iWeb folder to Documents, that's a good idea, but surely there's a way to publish ONE site at a time.

Thoughts anyone?