iWeb 08 publishing problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dougfly, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dougfly macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm having some problems publishing a site I've created in iWeb 08. Here are the issues:

1. It seems that the titles for all the pages (that appear in the left column as I work in iWeb) are appearing at the bottom of the published page like so:

How do I stop this?

2. When I publish the page I notice that the colour of the page doesn't take up the whole visible area in the web browser (it appears to be "pillar boxed" with a white bar on the right and left of the screen). Is there any way to apply the page colour to this area?

Many thanks for your help :)
  2. burnsmedia macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2010
    iWeb 08 page title issue

My first thought is that there is a text box there set at a very narrow width, which forces the letters to move down a line. If you have "Include page in navigation menu" selected, iWeb automatically adds links to each page, and does it's own thing for formatting. You may be better off deselecting this option and then making your own navigation bar with a simple text box. It's a bit more work, but allows you far more control over appearance.

Can you provide the URL for your site so we can look at it and possibly be of more help?
  3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Mar 19, 2008
    Warrington, UK
    The default page width is(I think) about 700 pixels. You can change it in the Inspector, but it messes up some of the template layouts. You can also choose a background to make the white bits something else.
  4. dougfly thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2010
    new problem publising iWeb

Thanks so much for your advice - very appreciated. As suggested, the problem with the pages appearing at the bottom of the screen seems to be the original iWeb menu (which I've now turned off through properties inspector).

I do however notice a new problem. Now that I've published the site and uploaded it to my server I'm noticing that the "John O'Leary" in the title appears to "bounce" when the page is loading (it doesn't "bounce" when the page is already in the browser's cache). Any idea why this might be? I'm providing the link below so you can see it.

All help is appreciated

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Does the bouncing occur while the page is loading, and not yet in the cache? If so, it's due to the order in which web site elements are rendered by the browser - this can cause page elements to jump around as content is parsed. I see the same thing with my own site - http://www.worldwizard.net/, which is built with RapidWeaver, but only on slower connections.
  6. dougfly thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks wrldwzrd89 - that's it exactly - it shows up as the page is loading but is there any way to stop it doing that?