iWeb '08 Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Danksi, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

1. Does iWeb '08 let you choose where to save your website files, allowing you to manage multiple iWeb sites or does it still force you to use just one iWeb file?

2. Does iWeb '08 allow you to actually PUBLISH to a non .Mac account - or does it still require you export to a folder and then upload that folder to your web-server? The Apple website talks about using your own domain names, but it's unclear as to what extent.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know about the second bit but iWeb 06 lets you use multiple Domain files. Simply open iWeb whilst holding OPTION and it'll give you the choice of opening a different Domain file, or creating a new one, anywhere. Alternatively, open a Domain file from any location and it'll open in iWeb. I imagine this is the same in iWeb 08. :)

3. t1937r0 macrumors 6502a

Looks to me like the answer to question #2 is that you still have
    to publish to a folder and then upload that.

Here is a jpg of the iWeb '08 File menu.

Attached Files:

4. Danksi thread starter macrumors 68000

Danksi

Shame. I've used the Option command on iWeb'06, I was just hoping for a save-as option.

Direct Publish to somewhere other than .Mac or a folder (unless it were an FTP folder?) would be a nice feature.

Thanks for the responses though! :)

5. myvideopodcast macrumors newbie

For Question 2
    The iWeb file menu has a Set Up Personal Domain feature.

6. Danksi thread starter macrumors 68000

Danksi

.. but does that change the Publish destination, or simply make sure the RSS feed, etc are coded to your personal domain?