iweb 08 showing codes on internet explorer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mizmisfit, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mizmisfit macrumors newbie

i made a site in iweb 08 (http://www.vrsphotography.com) and i inserted an html snippet for some javascript. when viewed on internet explorer, the pages that have the snippet don't load properly and the code shows at the top of the page. how do i get rid of this? also, the links are a different font than the font i originally used and the colors are completely different from one browser to another. is there anyway to fix this?

i want to say that i am a bit inexperienced with web. i have a little dream weaver experience and this site, while easy, was pretty ambitious for me. i may have put the javascript incorrectly but i'm not sure.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's a nice-looking site. What exactly are you having trouble with? I don't have IE in front of me.

3. mizmisfit thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks...

on the portfolio pages (the page that comes up when you click one of the photographs. the code shows at the top of the page. its fine in safari or firefox. ie is the only one that this happens. also, the fonts are different than the fonts i used in iweb. i used bank gothic and it looks like maybe helvetica or arial is coming up instead. i would imagine the color issues are because you can't choose web safe colors in iweb. or maybe you can and i just haven't played around with it enough.

now my issue is that my domain is missing and it won't let me open the site at all in iweb...

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I tested it and found out its because Internet Explorer doesn't support the iFrame function (iframe html tag) so you'll have to find an alternate way to display your photos, thats your only choice, you have Microsoft to thank for that.

5. mizmisfit thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome

thanks for your help. gotta love mircosoft.

is there another function that one can use to load a page inside of a page besides using iframes?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Im amazed about this, this is purely an impossible scenario, IE is the first browser to support iframe, in fact, IE invented iframe tag.

I wonder exactly why iWeb is giving this false statement on the page.

Which version of iWeb are you using?

ahh, never mind, you are using iWeb 08.

i say file a bug to apple, its purely impossible to say the problem is IE doesn't support iframe.

7. mizmisfit thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm

the web designer that did my own personal site did the same function that i was trying to do in iweb with the iframe function. my site (www.aminusdesign.com) works fine. I don't know if she used iframe or something different...

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

the problem is probably with the javascript codes generated by iWeb 08, this is not a problem with iframe.

9. mizmisfit thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks clevin. i guess there is no way to fix this then. i will call apple to see what they say...