iWeb '08 Text Spacing Wrong on Publish

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gershwin27, Nov 15, 2007.

1. gershwin27 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am seeing problems when viewing by web page after publishing.

Something is going on with the paragraph spacing and font size, where the published page in Safari looks different than what iWeb shows.

I have included two Grab captures.

iWeb Format.jpg (On the left) shows how the text boxes look in iWeb.
    Safari Format.jpg (On the right) shows how the page looks after publishing, and how the alignment, that I had before, changes.

In the right photo, you can see that the font and paragraph spacing, on the left-side text, seems to have changed after publishing.

Using iWeb, how should I avoid this problem?

I am using:
    iWeb '08 Version 2.0.2 (810A39)
    Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.10)
    Mac OS X Version 10.5

FYI: Upgrading to Mac OS X Version 10.5.1 had no effect on the problem (not that I expected it to).

Thanks,

James

Attached Files:

2. Luso76 macrumors newbie

spacing and font size wrong iWeb'08

The exact same thing happens to me... are there any ways of overcoming this problem? I'm getting mad!

3. gershwin27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello,

I figured out how to fix the problem I was having.

The problem was resulting from the fact I had nested text boxes. In the left-side picture, the text box on the right is nested inside of the larger text box. When iWeb publishes, the font and formatting information is not passed along to the nested boxes. This seems to be caused by the way iWeb generates HTML.

I didn't fix the problem with iWeb, but found a solution to the formatting issue by not nesting the text boxes. So, instead of nested boxes, I simply created a different text box and moved and layered it on top of the other one.

To avoid formatting issues, I would recommend not nesting anything inside of text boxes.

Thanks,

James