iWeb '09 domain forwarding problems via Mobile Me.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amitdoc2b, Mar 22, 2009.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I have forwarded a domain to a non-MobileMe website in the past using my GoDaddy domain, but I'm having problems forwarding that same domain now to my new website I published on MobileMe via iWeb '09. My previous site I successfully was able to forward in the past was made on freewebs.com.

On my MobileMe account I put the name of the domain I wanted transferred and clicked "done".

On my GoDaddy account I put "web.me.com" under one of the CNAMES as instructed by Apple's website, but still isn't working.

When I click "view site" from my iWeb '09 account it goes to my domain name I forwarded but it now lists "page not found" rather than taking it to the original MobileMe welcome page I created. When I enter it in the web broswer, I get the same results: "page not found".

This is what my GoDaddy account currently says:

Nameservers: (last update 10/9/2007)
    NS15.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS16.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Forwarding: (last update 3/22/2009)
    http://web.me.com/myname/site/welcome.html

Total DNS: (available)
    ARecord @ 64.201.188.170
    CNAME web.me.com @
    CNAME mobilemail mobilemail-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
    CNAME pda mobilemail-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
    MX @ smtp.secureserver.net
    MX @ mailstore1.secureserver.net

What is wrong that I can fix? What do I enter step by step? I don't know whats the problem.. Its been over 48 hours (as Apple stated) but the results have not changed.. Thanks.

2. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have done this with sites and Godaddy, I recall that the forward took over 24 hours to propagate but other than that it worked fine. I will check my settings when I get home this evening.

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks I really appreciate it.

Can you paste them here like I did? You can rename your website to something else if you don't wish for me to see it.. but would definitely be thankful to see your settings so I can alter mine to the same.

5. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Sorry. I was away for a while. I simply forwarded the domain from GD to the specific URL maintained at MobileMe.

The other domains on GD that I have forwarded I followed a solution similar to yours and copied in the correct nameserver settings etc. Those domains though are hosted elsewhere. So I did not do specifically what we are trying.